Senior Business Banker – Professional Practice
Maintain and Grow a Professional Practice Portfolio as a Business Banker for a solid and growing Regional Bank
The Senior Business Banker is responsible for managing a private banking portfolio of Professional Practice Clients and individuals with high net worth using banking strategies, solutions, and advice that is customized to the client’s needs.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides full-service banking to high value customers and oversees portfolio of custom credit relationships, with a significant number of Professional Practice clients.
- Develops and maintains client relationships by engaging the resources of other parts of the organization to provide meaningful and personalized service.
- Grows client net revenue annually in core product areas. Achieves deposit and loan volume goals, approves loans, and sells additional fee based services.
- Cross-sells bank products and acts as a liaison to other internal departments.
- Generates leads and develops prospects and network to identify referrals to new clients. Presents and communicates to clients/prospects complex financial concepts and investment strategies in a way that is easily understood.
- Serves as the client’s advocate and trusted advisor (primary contact) for strategic advice on financial matters. Manages client expectations regarding what can and cannot be executed on their behalf; ensures financial strategies are kept current and appropriately aligned with client objectives.
- Ensures all client inquiries and problems are resolved effectively and helps team members to acquire experience and establish credibility with clients.
- MUST HAVE LOCAL TWIN CITIES MARKET KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of commercial and/or private banking experience.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), including the ability to negotiate and build influence.
- Ability to develop sales and negotiation skills to be effective in business development. Can interact with and develop centers of influence and other referral sources.
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; develops alternative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations.
- Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized while focusing on work quality with the ability to establish priorities, meet deadlines and follow through.
- Understands the basics of credit underwriting based on formal credit training.
- Pursues training and development opportunities; strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business, or related major.