Senior Compensation Analyst
Our client, mission driven, non-for-profit organization is looking for a Compensation Consultant to join their high energy and engaged team! If you have strong compensation experience in the technical basics, market pricing, compensation designs and incentive plans then this could be the role for you.
Senior Compensation Analyst
Leads the design, development, implementation, and administration of non-contract, compensation programs. Provides compensation recommendations to collective bargaining team for labor negotiations. Collaborates with HR Business Partners to consult with and advise managers, physicians, senior leadership, and employee groups on base and incentive compensation plans. Initiates and leads compensation assessments and analyses to validate competitiveness, effectiveness, and compliance of compensation programs. Completes special projects/initiatives.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field, plus 6+ years progressively strong experience in compensation design, development, implementation, and administration.
- Compensation project management experience
- Strong consultation, communication and presentation skills
- Detail oriented, ability to multi-task
- Consults with HR Business Partner to address compensation needs to meet operational objectives.
- Consults and advises HR staff and/or managers on compensation policies, practices, programs, and processes.
- Leads special projects/initiatives based on organization goals and needs.
- Researches external best practices assesses internal compensation programs and recommends changes/enhancements.
- Develops compensation strategies that align with organization goals/objectives.
- Investigates potential efficiencies/enhancements to current compensation processes, including technology enhancements.
- Models compensation proposals to determine organizational expense.
- May collaborate with outside consultants in the review of executive compensation on behalf of the board.
Compensation Operational Duties
- Evaluates and approves salary increases, new hire and promotion offers for consistency with internal guidelines and external market (e.g. promotions, market adjustments, transfers).
- May complete job evaluations of non-contract positions to ensure compliance of FLSA and internal equity.
- Writes and distributes compensation communications, including compensation summaries for TA and Manager reference.
- Assesses organization compliance with compensation laws and regulations.
- Audits internal compensation information to ensure employee compensation data is accurate and consistent with compensation program provisions.
- Identifies and informs HR Business Partners of compensation program inconsistencies and supports leader education, if needed.
- Prepares compensation reports on employee and organization data/information.
- May coordinate timely processing of salary increases, incentive payments, bonuses, and premium pay with Payroll team.
- Collaborates with Benefits and TA teams on compensation changes that impact benefits (i.e. retirement, life, disability plan implications related to pay changes).
Pay Program Management
- Collaborates in non-contract merit increase and performance appraisal process.
- Leads the administration of compensation processes, including external market data analysis, development of base salary structures, and program design.
- Leads administration of executive incentive plan (EIP) management incentive plan (MIP), including determining best practices, goal development and plan approvals writing communications, and calculating payments.
- Leads administration of physician incentive plan (PIP), nurse practitioner incentive plans, and other variable pay plans.
- Participates in development, administration, and implementation of reward, recognition, and reinforcement programs.
- Proactively monitors and reviews special compensation programs for competitiveness and compliance (i.e. premium pay, sign-on/retention bonus, etc.).
Develop & Administer Base Compensation Programs
- May assist in completion of external salary surveys.
- Analyzes external market survey data.
- Recommends salary increase budget and guidelines.
- Collaborates in development organizational structure, job families and salary ranges.