Senior Corporate Accountant
A privately held commercial construction company has partnered with Versique to search for a newly created Senior Corporate Accountant. The Company has experienced substantial growth in recent years and has aggressive plans to continue this trend.
The role of the Senior Corporate Accountant is to facilitate the work flow and process the necessary information from the divisions to support the timely completion of month-end.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure all employee compensation, benefits, incentives and taxes are captured and accounted for appropriately and in an efficient manner
- Develop processes and appropriate internal controls over important tax matters, including board compensation, parent company employee stock award vesting and exercises, and incentive stock options (ISO’s)
- Capture and record all capital expenditures and ensure the Company handles all associated tax elements appropriately, including both sales and use and income taxes
- Ensure we maintain optimized and well-controlled cash management processes and invest all available cash balances
- Lead the accounting for our financing arrangements, including capital leases, including the perfecting of any associated security interests in collateral
- Drive monthly close activity to completion within deadlines
- Support preparation of the financial statements and financial analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual results. Help prepare management reporting packages for senior management, parent company and directors.
- Design and maintain an effective systems solution and internal controls over the above activities
- Support preparation of the Company’s periodic financial statements and associated financial analysis, including reports for Board of Directors, management and others
- Works closely with Finance leaders on key financial processes and financial matters, and actively leverages other resources to accomplish all financial deliverables. Actively supports driving leverage and standardization.
- Is willing to courteously offer suggestions for improvement in a fast-paced, vibrant team environment.
- On a small team, other responsibilities may be added to this role depending upon capability and needs of the team.
Required Skills & Experience
- Accounting / Finance degree required
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience
- Construction Industry experience preferred
- Ability to multi-task
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience with Timberline (Sage) software preferred
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite required
- Ability to prioritize and complete tasks efficiently as a team player
- Exceptionally well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
Versique’s Finance & Accounting executive search team pairs highly-skilled and experienced professionals with Minnesota’s best companies. Learn more about our outstanding Team and Talent Activation process that ensures technical skills and culture alignment for our candidates and clients.