Conduct credit investigations and analyze credit information at the request of various lending officers pertaining to loans. Make recommendations regarding credit analysis to loan officers and/or loan committee. Prepare loan write-ups and summaries. Perform miscellaneous financial analyses such as account, profitability and yield analysis. Act as trainer and mentor for less-experienced credit analysts. Partner with AVP Credit Administration to accomplish department priorities and projects.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Analyze credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved with extending credit to both commercial and individual borrowers
- Generate financial ratios summaries, using the bank's existing software systems, to compare the ratios to industry averages for analysis purposes.
- Prepare Credit Presentations that document new or proposed lending transactions for later review by the appropriate approval authority level.
- Prepare Annual Review Presentations for review by the appropriate approval authority level.
Review real estate appraisals and property evaluations
- Read and analyze valuation reports.
- Complete review form and obtain approval from Chief Credit Officer.
- File, Track and deliver approval and or report to necessary team members and the client.
- Analyze and underwrite complex loan scenarios.
- Train and mentor less-experienced analysts.
- Archives financials into Director.
- Oversee borrowing base certificate (BBC) tracking and financial reporting tickler systems.
- Monitor loan exceptions.
- Oversees annual review and loan maturity tracking.
- Contributes to department strategic goals, responsibilities and projects.
- Learns additional tasks to develop individual knowledge and depth within department.
- Assists departments throughout the bank with special projects and functions.
- Performs all job function and interactions with fellow bank employees, customers, vendors and prospective customers within the guidelines of the Bank's Core Values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Hybrid flexibility available
Regulatory Compliance Responsibilities:
- Demonstrate current and accurate understanding of loan-related compliance (RESPA, REG Z, TRID, HOEPA, HPML, FLOOD, FACTA, REG B, HMDA, Fair Credit Act, etc.) along with BSA/AML/OFAC, Bank Security, and others.
- Continually enhances knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues through completion of all required online training, attendance at in-house and external training presentations.
- Performs all job function in accordance with Federal and State regulations and within banking polices.
Requires Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable experience with demonstrated competency.
- Five or more years of credit analysis or related banking experience.
- Must be able to accurately calculate and analyze figures and amounts included in financial statements (such as cash-flow calculations, leverage ratios, collateral coverage ratios, etc.) and then provide a clear summary of those calculations.
- The position requires the ability to analyze financial performance of borrowers and then provide a clear and concise summary of findings/results thereof.
- Knowledgeable and a skilled user of Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Self-starter with a passion for compliance and appreciation for the rules.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to listen, speak clearly and effectively to others.
- Strong time management, attention to detail and organizational skills with the ability to multi-task.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Ability to problem solve and work without direction.
- Ability to establish and foster strong processional relationships with both employees and external sources such as examiners.
- Satisfactory skill set in using the following software applications: Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Teams, and Fiserv
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.#LI-WP1