Senior Director Systems Engineering
Our medical device client is passionate about improving peoples lives. With a strategic initiative and vision for growth and innovation, it is an exciting and transformational time to join the team! We are recruiting for a Director of Systems Engineering that leads product innovation within the R&D Team. If you are interested in a coaching and teaching a research team for best practices within product development and in joining a company that is supporting innovation and new product development within the Medical Industry, this is a fantastic opportunity!
Lead and steer R&D team and organization towards a high quality, effective and fast-paced, product development process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Set strategy and direction for business-critical R&D function in alignment with strategic plans established by VP of R&D and management.
- Direct business critical R&D functional team management and team members. This will require the integration of multiple disciplines and departments.
- Set budgets for team
- Lead department management to assure that resources are identified, and responsibilities assigned to execute to project timelines.
- Determine department priorities, lead across multiple functional groups and across global locations.
- Review work of the team and provide feedback.
- Establish opportunities for professional development and career planning.
- Act as a project leader for projects of significant business potential or high risk
- Develop, analyze, and communicate information on a continuous basis.
- Ensure that projects are conducted according to company guidelines, design controls and regulatory requirements. Report on projects to executive team.
- Lead and participate in the ECO approval process
- Oversight of documentation within engineering, which can include drawings, schematics, validation, capability testing, operating procedures and other.
- Develop long-range objectives and strategic plans that include identifying internal and external issues that could impact growth.
- Establish and maintain relationships with key contributors in the medical community.
- Continually look for business/market opportunities.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor of Science, Biomedical Engineering preferred, Electrical, Systems or equivalent, with advanced degree preferred
- People leadership
- Systems Engineering experience within field of medical device
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.