Senior Electrical Controls Engineer
Excited to be working with this high-tech client, who helps their customers to escape the gravitational pull of complex challenges. They are best known for developing motion testing hardware and software, but their biggest strength comes from their own people and culture. Their team of professional problem solvers ask all the right questions, identifies even the smallest opportunities, and seeks out answers where only the brave dare to go. Our client never allows a challenge to get in their way and they are relentless in helping their customers succeed. They move forward! Very excited to bring talent to this client, who provides solutions to Aerospace, Defense, and government technology challenges. Are you interested in relocating to North Dakota? It could be a wonderful opportunity for your career and chance to live in a rural area. Or an opportunity to live closer to family while still working in a challenging technology that is pushing the limits. Our client offers an R&D rich, fast-paced environment to develop the next generation of controls. Entrepreneurial approach to solutions, with an environment that allows independent decision making and creative solutions. High visibility, but a smaller company feel to work collaboratively. Great work life balance and flexibility.
This position provides electrical engineering expertise for our client’s products and testing solutions. Typical areas of focus include servo systems, analog and digital logic as well as general system integration. While not being an expert in all areas of the product, the senior electrical engineer will have a working knowledge on how the electrical system interacts with the mechanical and software portions of the product. The position also requires the ability to work with minimal supervision, start projects with minimal parameters, complete assignments accurately and on schedule, excellent troubleshooting skills, and the ability to bring out the best in other team members.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Apply principles and practices of electrical engineering to design the electrical system for our products.
- Prepare technical drawings and specifications for the electrical system components.
- Develop and coordinate test procedures to ensure operation of equipment meets quality standards, regulations, and customer requirements.
- Confer with engineers, product management, customers, and management to discuss existing or future engineering products and projects.
- Provide electrical expertise to integration team and to customer support as needed.
- Provide estimates for labor, material and other costs for quotes and timeline development.
- Participate and lead within the guidelines of the Entrepreneurial Operating Systems.
- Ensure compliance with ISO 9001 and other regulatory standards.
This position requires skills and knowledge in most of the following areas of Mechatronics:
- Motors/Drives - Feedback Devices - Control Systems - Electrical Hardware/Software Integration - Industrial Controls/PLC's and Power
- Systems - Embedded Systems - Electromagnetic Compatibility
- Experience with PCB design
- Familiarity with compliance testing (NRTL, CE)
- Capability in troubleshooting data transmission circuits (Ethernet, USB, CAN, etc.)
- Knowledge with programming languages like C/C++, C#, Java, etc.
- Experience with MATLAB and Simulink.
- Ability to effectively troubleshoot electrical systems.
- Excellent problem solving, interpersonal, communications and conflict management skills.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS or equivalent in Electrical Engineering
- 10 Years of electrical engineering design experience, preferably with experience in servo systems, industrial controls, robotics, or mechatronics.
- Ability to travel (domestic and internationally) and obtain a passport.
- This position requires the employee to work in a restricted facility that requires US Citizenship or Permanent Residence (Green Card).
- Location is Eastern North Dakota
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.