Senior Electrical Engineer
Our client is a privately held, growing, entrepreneurial manufacturer who designs and builds custom electrical products for clients, primarily large OEM’s. Looking to be highly engaged with customers, manufacturing shop floor and your own company leadership? Where your work has a direct impact? Working with a small team and given challenging opportunities? I am looking for a talented electrical engineer, strong communicator who likes a smaller company feel and a broader job scope. If you enjoy the ability to work on a project basis and put together creative designs - seeing your work from customer idea through installation and start-up, please connect to discuss this opportunity.
Design and engineer a variety of electrical products (lighting cabinets, panelboards, switchboards, switchgear, control panels, etc.) and control systems that integrate new and existing hardware/software for complete and functional operation. Maintain, trouble-shoot and repair customer’s equipment as required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review project specifications, plans, and requirements to assist sales in the preparation of quotations conveying price, delivery, and technical information to customers.
- Ensure that processes, construction, installation, PLC/HMI programming, and operational requirements meet specifications, codes, and end-user expectations.
- Program, troubleshoot, and configure generator control systems utilizing PLC/HMI control platform.
- Value engineer projects to maximize company profit.
- Manage project after point of sale to completion.
- Travel (occasionally overnight and off-hours) as required to support installation, start up, and maintenance of equipment (approximately 15-20% of the time).
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with manufacturers and vendor representatives.
- Resolve customer disputes and inquiries promptly to ensure equitable resolutions to maximize customer satisfaction.
- Project a positive, professional image of the company in all communications with customers, vendors, and suppliers.
- Stay current with product updates and code changes.
- Perform product testing and test results reporting.
- Develop and deliver training on client applications.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Electrical Engineer or Controls Systems expertise with 4 - 8 years’ experience
- Understanding of PLC/HMI/SCADA systems.
- Experience with CAD software is preferred.
- Understanding of 3-phase power systems is preferred.
- Understanding of low voltage and/or medium voltage electrical equipment is preferred.
- Interaction with customers in a field service role.
- Experience in manufacturing and control panel design and wiring.
- Ability to work in a team environment to accomplish daily tasks.
- Superior problem solving, project management and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.