Our client is interested in growing their business, and not only do the work but bring expertise to the project. With a culture that aligns to Hungry, Humble and Smart and success in providing excellent professional designs for their clients. And this team really enjoys what they do! They have an excellent reputation in their Industry of providing MEP services. Our client works on a variety of projects, not just in one Industry. You will have opportunities to specialize if that is an interest of yours or become an Associate within the firm.
This position has room for advancement with increased responsibilities and autonomy. You will enjoy a professional culture thriving among colleagues who also embody our values of Hungry, Humble and Smart. Our client’s goal is helping their customers solve problems in a creative atmosphere of team members who are appreciated and recognized for their efforts while building lasting relationships.
Serve as Project Manager for projects which requires coordination with the Owner, Architect, Civil, and Structural Engineers and in house multi-disciplinary team members. With direct responsibility for electrical designs within the project.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Serve as Project Manager for projects which requires coordination with the Owner, Architect, Civil, and Structural Engineers and in house multi-disciplinary team members.
- Manage Project deliverables and schedule. Attend meetings with Owner, Architect and Contractors as required during design.
- Able to foster existing external relationships as well as the ability to develop new relationships generating new business opportunities.
- Understand and perform tasks following Company philosophy and team approach of Hungry, Humble, Smart.
- Attend meetings as required during design.
- Provide preliminary schematic design and space planning to assist Owner or client with power distribution and metering strategy.
- Oversee the development of load calculations and verify their accuracy.
- Review and apply appropriate part plans, sections, and details.
- Write and edit detailed specifications and oversee selection of all components.
- Develop redlines for Designers and EIT Engineers. Perform Revit/CAD work for projects, complete with details and schedules.
- Mentor and assist EIT Engineers as needed.
- Review applicable incoming and outgoing correspondence for completeness and accuracy. Manage communication with client.
- Facilitate internal Peer Review meetings and conduct quality review of final project issue.
- Work closely with Contractors and Architects during construction. Review shop drawings.
- Perform site observations and document.
- Monitor scope creep as project progresses. Review weekly labor reports and work with Principal in Charge to request additional services when appropriate.
- Foster existing relationships to facilitate new business opportunities.
- Research applicable codes and design standards for each project.
- Confirm design against applicable design checklists.
- Demonstrated competency with Engineer Level 2 requirements.
- Proficient with and capable of reviewing the following:
- Fault Current calculations.
- Photometric plans.
Required Skills and Experience:
- BSEE and Licensed Professional Engineer
- Experience working within MEP field
- Proficiency with Office 365, Revit, AutoCAD, and Bluebeam ideal, Visual a plus
- Initiative-taking and self-directed, able to prioritize and execute tasks needed to maintain production.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.