Senior Engineering Manager
Our client has been manufacturing processing equipment for manufacturers all over the world for over 50+ years. They have earned the reputation as the premiere, high value manufacturer in the industries they service with custom designs. This is a great opportunity to work with a company that keeps the majority of its manufacturing capacity in-house, conducts large scale R&D test runs, builds complete systems and gives the Mechanical Design Engineer the opportunity to work with colleagues from R&D to final test. Join a true machine design team that creates value now and in the future…
Job description: Senior Manager of Design Engineering
The Senior Engineering Manager of Mechanical Design Engineering will support a team of 5 - 6 engineers & designers who primarily support new product & system designs and development across 3 different product lines; working on total machine design, improved components and assemblies, and developing concepts for new products that achieve the desired quality at the most favorable cost, supporting sales and manufacturing. Experience in Machine Design for Manufacturability will be extremely valuable. This person assists team in
- planing designs and in developing new products or components.
- Participate in planning and in the preparation of specifications.
- Define and oversee tests. Prepares layouts, drawings, and specifications.
- Start to finish design and manufacturing.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide design related support to the engineering team
- Provide support of sales and management functions, assisting sales staff to respond to customer requests.
- Allocate resources and prioritization of projects
- Coach/mentor team with variety of experiences.
- Do some projects that include: design complex product lines where coordination of components and documentation between several different size machines is essential.
- Responsible for correct proportions, consideration of stress, speed, weight, operational details, and the incorporation of existing parts in products designed under their control.
- Responsible for complete engineering documentation including but not limited to component details, assembly drawings and service manuals conducted by the team.
- Oversee and manage the development of project designs and documentation within project timelines for the team.
- Support team effort in the on-going improvement of existing product designs. Offering design ideas in support of improvements to existing products, assuring customer requirements are met and functionality, manufacturability and quality are continued or improved.
- Organize and maintain accurate engineering documentation on assigned product lines.
- Lead the development of tests to measure the function and quality of products and to test new ideas or modifications of existing products.
- Act as technical resource in support of manufacturing problems on assigned product lines.
- Participate in the process of screening vendors and their products for use by the company.
- Documentation reveiw
- Minimum of 5+ years’ of machine design experience that includes: Sheet metal, weldments, motor/shaft design highly desirable as well as Modular product design ideal
- Very proficient in SolidWorks or related software
- Experience working with MRP/ERP systems
- Excellent communicator with all internal partners
- Previous leadership experience as engineering supervisor or manager
- Minneapolis, Western Suburbs, no relocation available
Please include your resume with your application. This position is located in the Minneapolis, MN area, no relocation is allocated.