Senior Epic Project Manager
Our client, a top-ranked healthcare company, is dedicated to the quality of health. They are family- and team-oriented, and position themselves as advocates for Minnesota healthcare.
Why Work at Versique?Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by a group of industry veterans. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in the Twin Cities. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
Principal Project Manager (PM) is responsible for coordinating and directing high profile, enterprise wide technical initiatives. In this case, the PM will be accountable for leading a planning, executing, warranty, and closing activities for a complex Epic-oriented project; The PM must, therefore have a good deal of experience and knowledge related to Epic and its attendant modules, along with a working knowledge of HL7 interface structures, in addition to being a well-qualified PM
Roles & Responsibitlies:
- Leads a key, complex, visible technical project involving Epic, as part of a program having enterprise-wide, critical nature and high visibility across the organization, and as part of an overall technical system by which healthcare delivery is improved.
- Leads the establishment of project plans related to delivering identified project value and scope, within the time frame and budget available.
- Communicates effectively with all key stakeholders of the project; including project sponsors, project team members (which includes vendors), leaders, and others; to set and maintain correct expectations; includes communication of project plans and activities across project participants and stakeholders as appropriate to ensure a coordinated work effort and team approach.
- Consults with Business sponsors, stakeholders and subject matter experts to guide business analysis and requirements documentation.
- Partners with software architecture to conduct evaluations, select tools and middleware products employed.
- Effectively manages project risk, in order to deal appropriately with them so as to keep the project on track, but also so as to be able to maintain correct stakeholder expectations; proactively escalates risks and issues, and related management options and plans to stakeholders.
- Provides consultation regarding project issues and difficulties; leading project recovery or strategic initiatives.
- Integrates budgets between cost centers to collaborate on enterprise project budgeting and resource allocation.
- Coordinates and manages resources; including vendor activities and relationships; both within own project, and in tandem with other project managers to ensure management of portfolio resource capability
- Analyzes project plans for dependencies; identifying critical path issues and other project dependencies, including cross-dependencies and risks with other projects in the project portfolio.
- Creates and maintains issue logs; coordinating and ensuring resolution of all outstanding project issues; along with decision logs, and other kinds of standard project management documentation, such as work breakdown structures and other scope statements, charters, work plans, schedules, project and technical change requests, per the approved IS&;T methodology and tools core structure.
- Plans, tracks and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.; Tracks and communicates project milestones and deliverables.
- Facilitates negotiations; ensuring issue resolution and effective cohesion across all project participants.
- Addresses performance issues within the project team; escalating when project deadlines, budget or deliverables are jeopardized.
- Champions the implementation, usage and improvements for the development process.
- Conducts project post mortems and creates lessons learned documentation
Required Skills & Experience:
- Represents Executives and the Organization in a manner well respected by the project team, leadership and organization.
- Proven ability to organize, lead and influence the activity and performance of the entire organization.
- Champions end users.; Manages vendors during the project life cycle (in conjunction with the internal stakeholder responsible for the vendor relationship).
- Communicates with end users at all levels.
- Can represent the project and demonstrated ability to guide the end users and leadership through the change cycle.
- Ability to interpret obscure and complicated concepts and communicate at a level appropriate to the audience.
- Is seen as a communication role model for other PMs.
- Recommends priority changes and justifies the recommendations.
- Clearly communicates roles with executives and the organization.
- Defines uncertainty.
- Provides vision to mitigate risks globally.
- Identifies strategic changes for projects.
- Analyzes and recognizes organizational needs and views.; Creates plans to meet needs.
- Identifies the direction and champions the effort to adapt the organization to the change.
- Drives team to issue resolution by examining external approaches (where appropriate).; Looks for opportunities to adapt; challenges to assess the strategy if needed. Adapts the project direction to meet organizational needs both inside and outside the project.
- Escalates to stakeholders and Executive Management.
- Successfully provides advice to priority-setting committees.
- 10+ years of demonstrably successful management of complex projects involving at 5+ large-scale projects involving the Epic application suite
- 10+ years of broad practical experience across multiple functions within Information Systems and Technology.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with arbitration and negotiation; Remediation is a critical skill set.
- Proven problem management and issue resolution skills.
- Experience managing projects using different approaches (e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Blended, etc.)
- Subject matter expert utilizing Project Management tools and techniques.
- Proven presentation skills.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Four year college degree or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years; experience with information systems, primarily with packaged applications
- 5+ years; experience in a healthcare operations setting
- Strong Business Analyst, Quality Control or SDLC background.
- PMP Certification from the Project Management Institute or similar accreditation required.
- Certified Scrum Master, or equivalent, with 2+ years of demonstrated experience leading teams in Agile/Scrum