Senior Internal Auditor
Our client is a publicly traded alternative investment fund who's goal is to provide an attractive risk-adjusted total return to their stockholders over the long-term through dividends and capital appreciation. Our client's mission is to be recognized as the industry-leader in their investment space.
Our Alternative Investment client is a global leader in their space and is seeking a Senior Internal Auditor to join their Internal Audit function. This is a newly created position because of growth.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist in executing the Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) 404 program on behalf of management including the execution of annual testing, maintenance of process flow and risk and control matrices, periodic reporting, coordination with external auditors or review of work performed by others
- Execute individual internal audit projects including scope development, audit procedures execution, internal audit report preparation and validation of remediation
- Perform risk assessment over change management initiatives (e.g. system implementations, new business strategies, etc.) to determine whether changes to people, process, or technology result in the need for new or updated controls
- Assist with periodic reporting to the audit committee, development of the annual internal audit plan, and championing internal control and corporate governance throughout the organization
- Work cross functionally with teams across organization to drive internal control related initiatives and to provide best practices recommendation
- Perform quality assurance self-review to identify opportunities for improvement
- Internal audits projects may be financial, IT, compliance or operational in nature.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of direct internal controls or SOX experience
- Experience in financial services industry
- CPA or CIA (preferred)
- Strong understanding of internal controls and SOX framework
- Working knowledge of the COSO 2013 Framework, internal auditing standards, risk assessment practices and PCAOB Standards
- Understanding of IT controls and their integration with business processes
- Experience with flowcharting software
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Ability to network and collaborate cross-functionally