Senior Manager Engineering Operations
Our client is a growing, worldwide pioneer in advanced technology, state of the art products. Our client is looking for top engineering talent to lead manufacturing operations in their Minnesota facility. No better time to join! Opportunities to grow career beyond this position. Environment is fast paced, working under leaders who are technical and sharp decision makers, this person will have opportunity to impact and change the way the client is manufacturing in the future. For a change manager, this is an ideal culture to have an impact!
Position Description: Senior Manager Engineering Operations
This, Senior Manager Engineering Operations, role will directly oversee Manufacturing Engineering Operations planning, development, implementation and maintenance of manufacturing methods, processes and operations for new and existing products. Will ensure the effective use of materials, equipment, and personnel in producing quality products at minimum costs.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement through leadership in DMAIC problem-solving
- Participate in product improvement and implementation strategies from marketing inception to product obsolescence
- Lead the operations engineers through the implementation of turn key engineering activities for product assemblies both locally and overseas:
- Define and ensure the product compliance to quality standards through FAI (first article inspection) processes
- Support the development of a Statement of Work (SOW) for Turn Key suppliers
- Contribute to the selection and development of sub-contractors to reduce cost, improve quality, effectively transfer assembly lines, subassemblies and mechanical / electro-mechanical components
- Continuously improving product quality, productivity, process efficiency, and customer satisfaction
- Partners with the quality team to define and monitor process equipment calibration
- Foster strong communication and teamwork within manufacturing environment in order to meet schedules
- Manage, develop and coach a team of Engineers, includes 6 – 8 people
- Provide daily work direction to your team, communicate company expectation metrics, and manage performance and improvement activities
- Set cross-functional standards to ensure that the company’s internal and external customers are satisfied
- Develop department budget and manage costs
- Ensure appropriate integration and change management process is in place for your team
- Responsible to develop systems to maintain reports and record keeping of company products
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline; mechanical, industrial, or chemical. Masters a plus
- 12+ years of experience in a complex high technology hardware and software-based product environment which includes experience in quality management
- Quality management experience in an ISO 9001:2015 and/or AS9100 environment including familiarity with international quality standards, quality auditing and management of a QMS.
- Six Sigma black belt including statistical analysis, quantitative and analytical problem-solving ability
- Experience transforming assembly to contract manufacturing, initiating design(s) for contract manufacturing transitions, etc.
- Proven experience working in global, cross functional teams
- Experience supervising and leading engineering teams a plus
- Experienced in utilizing mechanical designs, using Solidworks or related software and Product Data Management tools (PDM/EDM). Experience with Agile is a plus.
- Position has a small amount of travel, less than 10%
Please include your resume with your application. This position is located in the Minneapolis, MN area, no relocation is allocated.