Senior Manager Mechanical Engineering
Starting from a founder who developed an idea into a product, to the $350M global products company they are today, this client continues to have an entrepreneurial culture. Product teams are continuing this legacy of innovation in how they help customers address today’s challenges. Our client’s products impact the way people interact with technology and collaborate with others; this is ever changing. Our client’s dedicated employees, working within a value-based culture, support this evolution with innovative solutions.
Responsible for planning, leading, and coordinating engineering and design activities related to new products. Works with all departments within the company to ensure that customer needs, product specifications, performance, quality, cost, and manufacturing requirements are met. Participates in conceptualization and design of new products.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Guides the design engineering team to create new and innovative products, product enhancements or new technologies to meet market needs.
- Ensures engineering team plans, designs, implements, and executes projects assuring that quality, reliability, serviceability, safety, cost, and performance objectives are established and met.
- Lead activities to develop robust, well-documented engineering best practices for the engineering team.
- Work closely with Marketing and Product Management worldwide to design innovative products.
- Able to manage engineering budget for program costs.
- Ensures that designs meet the structural and ergonomic requirements as defined by the customer, as-well-as, any state and federal regulations.
- Participate in regular design reviews and design FMEAs, to ensure that designs meet required specifications, structural and ergonomic requirements, and any state and/or federal regulations.
- Work closely with Manufacturing, Quality, and Operations for the implementation of new products.
- Keeps abreast of new design, manufacturing, and material development practices.
- Supports “Lean Business Enterprise” initiatives for continuous process improvement and waste elimination.
Required Skills & Experience:
- BS in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent
- 10 plus years’ experience in an engineering design environment. Preferably in the electro-mechanical product industry.
- 2+ plus years’ experience in areas of machine design, sheet metal, injection molding, Aluminum alloy castings and extrusion process desirable.
- 5+ years’ experience managing a design team.
- Experience with consumer products (electro-mechanical) design and manufacturing.
- Self-motivated, creative, and capable of handling and prioritizing multiple projects through prioritization and delegation.
- Proficient in Excel, Word, project management software and SolidWorks (or other 3D modeling software).
- Build, coach, and develop staff with strong emphasis on people development.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.