Senior Manufacturing Engineer
Looking for a culture that is truly innovative and continuously improving? Where engineers, production and leadership are constantly pushing the limits of design and manufacturability to exceed customer’s expectations? My client, a local Minneapolis mid-sized manufacturer, offers creative custom solutions, globally! You might be surprised by the industry, but you will be wowed by the culture – collaborative, innovative, energetic and creative!
The senior manufacturing engineering position is a strategic role supporting process improvement initiatives throughout manufacturing. Success is measured through employee safety (safe equipment and operations), and by ensuring quality at the source. This requires a focus on continuous improvement through the development of processing best practices and sourcing equipment that best meets our needs. The manufacturing engineer provides project leadership, directing cross-functional teams to help resolve issues that range in complexity.
GENERAL OPERATIONS SUPPORTED BY THIS ROLE
- Powder Coat Line
- Tube and Sheet Lasers
- MIG Welding (SST, alum., black & galvanized steel)
- Packaging and shipping (international)
- CNC equipment (punches, plastics)
- Roll forming and draw forming of tubular products
? Process Design and Development
? Familiarity with Manufacturing Processes and Operation
? Quality and Continuous Improvement focused
? Problem Solving/analytical Skills
? Ability to collaborate with internal and external resources
? Clear and concise communication skills
- Improves manufacturing processes and methods for safety, cost-reduction, quality improvement and efficiency.
- Prepares and presents process and capital improvement plans
- Ability to develop and sustain a collaborative partnership with departments across the organization.
- Leads the research, design and development of manufacturing processes including production flow, assembly methods and production equipment.
- Researches, sources and cost-justifies various tools, machinery and equipment.
- Understands and champions Lean manufacturing concepts and applies them accordingly.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related field
- 5+ years of related experience and/or training
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience with lean manufacturing principals and tools
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- Strong change management acumen
- General experience with powder coating (preferred)
- Fabrication and welding exposure (preferred)
- Packaging, shipping, and light assembly (preferred)