Senior Manufacturing Engineer
We are engaged with a global company who has many years of success and experience designing and manufacturing quality and innovative products in NA and abroad. Working as a Tier one Supplier, in collaboration with OEM’s to develop new technology components that will be a part of the next generation’s products! Join a collaborative work environment that has a visionary leader and a strong, engaging culture that will have future career opportunities beyond this position.
Provide manufacturing engineering support for new product introduction, continuous improvement, waste reduction, problem solving, and cost reduction activities in support of company goals and objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Scopes, designs, documents, deploys and qualifies new equipment / fixturing to support new products
- Champions projects to optimize / improve throughput, yield and ergonomics with an emphasis on reducing operating expenses through automation, error proofing, and waste reduction in a fast moving regulated (ISO 9001 / 16949) manufacturing environment.
- Provides direction to engineers and technicians assisting in the construction, commissioning, maintaining, troubleshooting, and documentation of equipment.
- Develops plant area expertise and provide skilled troubleshooting by participating in cross-functional teams. Provides leadership in new product launches and continuous improvement efforts.
- Identifies, justifies, and submits capital project documentation for approval, and coordinates the purchasing, installation, and testing of equipment and machinery prior to release to production.
- Participates in problem solving and development teams, working as a liaison between the factory floor and Development Engineering. Participates in APQP teams representing the plant.
- Provides leadership in safe plant operations. Participates on safety or ergonomics committee to provide input and solutions in problematic areas.
- Generates, maintains, and monitors process operating parameters, capacity and utilization data, routing and bills of material information, as well as TS16949 manufacturing and production documentation.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Possess plant maintenance and operation knowledge along with technical skills to perform assigned duties.
- Demonstrated ability to meet demanding deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team member to accomplish objectives
- Must be proficient using 3D CAD Software
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and changing priorities.
- Demonstrated success in managing and leading both long-term programs/projects, as well as address shot-term operational issues.
- Knowledge of APQP (or equivalent) quality systems - PPAP, DFMEA, PFMEA, MSA, SPC, 8D, RCA, CAPA, Control plans etc.
- Automotive Industry experience is a plus
- Familiarity with SAP is a plus
- Bachelors or better in Manufacturing Engineering Technology or related field.
- 5-7 years: Manufacturing engineering experience
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.