The Manufacturing Engineer will ensure that manufacturing operations are meeting operational goals from start to finish of products. Utilize knowledge of DMAIC problem solving, lean principals, and advanced concepts to provide strategy and lead improvement activities across manufacturing in order to ensure the most time-efficient and cost-effective processes, while still maintaining overall product quality. This position reports to the Director of Operations and would have opportunity to grow into a manager level position if interested.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Respond to production problems and escalations where repeat failures or large business impacts are occurring
- Self-starting, take on initiatives to solve challenges
- Maximize efficiency by analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods and workforce utilization in multiple areas
- Determine the parts, equipment, and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications utilizing advanced technical abilities
- Lead projects with significant complexity.
- Senior Level Project leader impacting multiple teams. Advanced planning required for task sequencing.
- Provide direction to operators, leads and supervisors in response to problems and escalations
- Perform advanced engineering calculations
- Identify areas of Continuous Improvement (CI) work
- Provide direction to Manufacturing level 1 and 2 engineers on technical or project management support
- May do equipment proof of concepts and coordinate installations
- Establish process capabilities
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with coworkers to promote a cooperative working climate conducive to maximum productivity, efficiency and effectiveness.
- Perform work at the appropriate pace to maintain quality and productivity requirements
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in engineering and 5+ years of experience OR equivalent combination of education and 10+ years of experience in a manufacturing setting.
- Knowledge of advanced concepts and techniques as they apply to manufacturing
- Knowledge of advanced DMAIC problem solving methodology and Lean concepts.
- Ability to apply tools to perform Root Cause Corrective Action analysis.
- Ability to work with Microsoft office products, including Excel.
- Proficient knowledge in interpreting blueprints and mechanical drawings
- Read and interpret customer specifications and industry standards
- Write internal manufacturing routings
- Ability to solve practical problems and make decisions
- Effective and appropriate verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborate with others as part of a high-performance team
- Adapt to changing work priorities
- Accept and apply on the job training to advance skill level
- Remain positive and calm in challenging work environments
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.