Senior Mechanical Engineer
Our client, a $20+M division of a successful, privately held Minnesota manufacturing company is looking to continue to grow, innovate and offer knowledge and product solutions to their customers. They need an experienced engineer to work with their team. This engineering opportunity with our Minnesota client, offers visibility and a high potential for future management. I am looking to speak with senior mechanical engineers who are knowledgeable and have experience working with customers to problem solve and understand root causes within electrical systems and with electrical products.
Senior Mechanical Engineer Job Description:
The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for all facets of engineering and quality support for the entire electromechanical product line. With the aid of AutoCAD Inventor software, this person will create models and drawings of products from company suppliers to create the appropriate documentation to allow customers to design our products into their products. The mechanical engineer will give support to the sales team and customers on field returns and failure analysis. This person will also supply marketing with information required for marketing materials and the web site information. This position has been created for succession planning within the Division. Additional responsibilities include:
- Working in conjunction with the Director of Engineering on new product introductions of electrical products from established suppliers and provide marketing information including, ordering codes, specification sheets, and installation drawings.
- Work in conjunction with the Application Engineer in the testing and evaluation of products for various projects.
- Responsible for failure analysis on customer product failures. This may include visiting the customer and reviewing manufacturing processes at their site. Or to provide engineering support on their applications.
- Engineering support to the sales force internal and external
- Establish and maintain accurate and complete technical information on all products. This would include drawings, datasheets and web site information
- Will need to source new suppliers for expansion of our product line.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Mechanical Engineering Degree (BSME)
- Experience in electromechanical product design including knowledge in FMEA, PPAP safety agency regulations, and environmental regulations.
- Experience in manufacturing processes including plastic injection molding, metal stamping, PCB assembly, tool design and fabrication, cable assembly, and metal fabrication.
- Proficient in AutoCAD Inventor 3D Solid Modeling.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience, most of which should be in electronics industry.
- Quality engineering skills and experience including failure analysis, 8D reporting and first article inspection.
- Excellent communication skills are required to coordinate with customers, co-workers and suppliers (domestic and foreign).
- Must be available to travel within North America and to overseas locations (Asia and Europe).