Senior Mechanical Machine Design Engineer
Our client has been manufacturing processing equipment for manufacturers all over the world for over 50+ years. They have earned the reputation as the premiere, high value manufacturer in the industries they service with custom designs. This is a great opportunity to work with a company that keeps the majority of its manufacturing capacity in-house, conducts large scale R&D test runs, builds complete systems and gives the Mechanical Design Engineer the opportunity to work with colleagues from R&D to final test. Join a true machine design team that creates value now and in the future…
Job description: Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will primarily support new product & system designs and development with engineering design and expertise. Working on total machine design, improved components and assemblies, and developing concepts for new products that achieve the desired quality at the most favorable cost, supporting sales and manufacturing. Experience in Design for Manufacturability will be extremely valuable. This person plans designs and develops new products or components. Participates in planning and in the preparation of specifications. Defines and oversees tests. Prepares layouts, drawings, and specifications. Start to finish design and manufacturing. This position also has the potential for manager level, but would be a working manager.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Provide design related support to the sales and management functions, assisting sales staff to respond to customer requests.
- Design complex product lines where coordination of components and documentation between several different size machines is essential.
- Responsible for correct proportions, consideration of stress, speed, weight, operational details, and the incorporation of existing parts in products designed under their control.
- Prepare and complete engineering documentation including but not limited to component details, assembly drawings and service manuals.
- Manage development of project design and documentation within project timeline.
- Tests materials and concepts, working closely with the test staff to design tests and document results.
- Supports the on-going improvement of existing product designs.
- Provides technical expertise in support of improvements to existing product designs.
- Provides engineering support to the process of modification of existing products to meet customer requirements, while retaining product function and quality.
- Organize and maintain accurate engineering documentation on assigned product lines.
- Develop tests to measure the function and quality of products and to test new ideas or modifications of existing products.
- Act as technical resource in support of manufacturing problems on assigned product lines.
- Participates in the process of screening vendors and their products for use by the company
- BSME or equivalent
- Minimum of 5+ years’ of machine design experience using a 3D CAD package such as SolidWorks or related, must be very proficient in software
- Sheet metal, weldments, motor/shaft design highly desirable
- Modular product design ideal
- Experience working with MRP/ERP systems
- Excellent communicator with all internal partners
- Minneapolis, Western Suburbs, no relocation available
Please include your resume with your application. This position is located in the Minneapolis, MN area, no relocation is allocated.