Senior Network Engineer
Our client headquartered in Minneapolis, MN is a leading global provider of 3D printing. They have over 3,000 employees and holding 1,200 granted or pending manufacturing patents globally. They have received more than 30 awards for technology and leadership excellence.
The Senior Network Engineer is responsible for developing and deploying "outstanding" architectures, which aligns the foundational technology components of LAN, WAN, Security, VoIP, and Collaboration to enable strategic business initiatives, support stable operations and provide reasonable security controls. Will be a member of the Global Network team, which is responsible for the deployment and operation of LAN, WAN, Security, VoIP, and Collaboration globally.
You will play a significant role in the engineering and management of multiprotocol routers, multilayer switches, network security devices, network management systems, network operating systems, and Cisco VoIP.
Location: Eden Prairie, MN
- Define and maintain solution architectures for network components including but not limited to WAN, LAN, Security, Remote Access, and Wireless based on business requirements.
- Participate with team to design, configure, deploy, analyze, and upgrade network, network subsystems, and VoIP solutions.
- Develop 18 month to 3-year technology road maps aligned to business requirements which will drive investment decisions in the global network.
- Lead network, voice, and collaboration integrations design, planning, and execution for M&A integrations.
- Provide level 2/3 troubleshooting expertise for network problems including software protocol issues, performance analysis, WAN/LAN failures and equipment malfunctions. Operate network requiring 24/7 availability.
- Utilize network tools to diagnose faults and to analyze performance. Monitor, create and analyze real-time and statistical reports (eg. security, usage, performance) for networks.
- Develop, execute, and coordinate complex testing activities for implementation, maintenance, and project assignments.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 4 to 8 years of enterprise level network support, design, and architecture experience required.
- Ability to design and troubleshoot enterprise network architectures that include switching, routing, MPLS, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, LAN/WAN/WLAN, TCP/IP v4 and v6, Cisco IOS QoS features, and Cisco VoIP.
- Must have experience and expertise in a minimum of 4 of the following areas: Routing, Cisco IOS, Cisco VoIP (Unified Contact Center, Agent Desktop, Unified Comm. Manager, Emergency Responder, Unity), Network Optimization, Remote Access, Enterprise DHCP/DNS, Network Security (NAC, Proxy, Firewalls), LAN, Multi-Vendor MPLS interoperability, Global Proxy management, or Data Center LAN management.
- Experience in developing appropriate security controls, and with Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS). Experience in firewalls (stateful packet inspection, configuration hardening, host based firewalls). Experience in designing or implementing high availability solutions (dynamic load distribution, redundant connections, dynamic routing protocols, etc...).
- Working knowledge of ITL processes, specifically Incident Management, Change Management, Problem Management
- Preferred experience with Cisco and Cloud based firewalls.