Senior Software Development Engineer
Well Funded startup looking to build amazing culture and even more stunning applications. This is going to be big.
Well-funded startup is growing fast and seeking multiple Senior Engineers. Our Senior Engineers will need to be incredibly well versed in multiple technologies and be independent, resourceful, and proactive. We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic technologists able to create superb code, mentor team members, and support all facets of our technology landscape.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of developers and technologists creating our digital experiences (mobile apps, web apps, data, streaming)
- Contribute to all tiers of our technology stack and our full system architecture
- Ensure code quality via participation in code reviews and pull requests
- Improve unit and functional testing efforts and increase test coverage
- Participate in continuous improvement projects with the team and mentor other engineers
- Deliver technical expertise as directed by leadership
- You have strong technology skills with a penchant for self-directed learning
- You’ve been around the block enough times that even your imperfect estimates are useful and consistent
- You have a passion for unblocking others and ramping up velocity
- You're cool under pressure and can handle the pains of new implementations and tackling high priority integrations
- You value virtues like kindness, humility, respect, empathy, and loyalty above everything else
- BS in Computer Science, Math (or a related technical field)
- 2-3 years as a technical lead or hands-on team manager in an agile environment
- 5+ years of software development experience
- Experience using the public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) – AWS highly preferred
- Experience working in a compliant and/or regulated environment, e.g. HIPAA, PCI, GLI, SOX, etc.
- Familiarity with various service and application framework patterns, e.g. microservices, MVC patterns, LAMP, MEAN, etc.
- Understanding of both SQL and NoSQL technologies, e.g. MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB, etc.
- Understanding of modern DevOps and enablement practices, e.g. DevOps pipelines, containerization and orchestration, automation, and lean methodologies
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, high-performing, venture-backed startup at an early-stage
- Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely
- Commitment to a healthy workplace