Senior Staff Accountant
Founded by an entrepreneur who grew up in the industry, Versique’ Client has grown through their leader’s vision to create a proactive approach to help customers and provide services above and beyond the industry norm.
As a Senior Staff Accountant, you would be able to apply your talents by participating in various facets of month-end close; researching, analyzing, and interpreting data; and serving as a “go to” person to answer accounting and financial questions for internal customers.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses journal entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Prepares and maintains fixed asset schedules.
- Maintains and balances subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts against subsidiary ledgers and clears reconciling items in a timely manner.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other statements.
- Provides accurate supporting documentation and schedules to auditors
- Ensures internal controls are appropriately applied and are working effectively; Audits and verifies documents as appropriate.
- Manages transfers to and from lending institutions and reconciles bank statements
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Prepares monthly financial statements, reports and records by collecting, analyzing and summarizing account information.
- Completes financial and profitability analyses on as requested.
- Responds to internal customer requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner.
- Prepares client correspondence, letters, e-mail, or other communications pertaining to audit engagement planning and requests.
- Adheres to prescribed budgets and deadlines.
- Provides technical assistance to internal customers.
Required Skills & Experience:
- 4 year degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA with Public Accounting Experience (preferred)
- Minimum of 3 years accounting experience
- Financial Statements and/or Internal Financial Reporting
- Microsoft Great Plains knowledge (strongly preferred)
- Excellent Microsoft Excel
- Process Improvement Orientation
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Possess strong planning skills with the ability to prioritize tasks
- Professional work ethic
- Self-motivated and a team player with a "can do" attitude