Senior Staff Accountant
Versique’s client, an industry leader in the manufacturing space, is hiring a newly created Senior Staff Accountant to join their dynamic accounting team. Focused on quality and innovation, the Company continues to thrive after over 100 years and is positioned for continued organic growth and through acquisition.
Our Client will continue its robust growth trajectory in the manufacturing space, including hiring for a newly created Senior Staff Accountant to join their high performing finance and accounting group. As a key member of the accounting team, the Senior Staff Accountant will report to the Corporate Controller and assume a strategic role in the oversight and management of internal reporting and controls, ad hoc reporting and budgeting and forecasting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance and preparation of robust financial packages including variance to budget and prior year.
- Verification of the accuracy of financial reports and data.
- Monitors details of general and administrative accounts for accuracy.
- Develops departmental process improvements.
- Adheres to and supports internal control procedures.
- Provides ad hoc reporting.
- Prepares and reviews monthly balance sheet and profit and loss accounts and is accountable for their accuracy.
- Prepares, analyze and review monthly operating results with business owners; Identify future risks and opportunities.
- Participates in the forecasting/budgeting process including preparation of cash flow and balance sheet budgets.
- Applies knowledge of accounting to evaluate established controls and standardized procedures, identifies opportunities for improvements and alternatives to improve efficiencies within department, and assists in developing and making recommendation to management when appropriate.
- Prepares volume-based reporting including, among other things, headcount and product lines and channels reports
- Provides SAP systems administration back up as necessary (mainly EPM/BPC).
- Provides support to Finance and the CFO and other functional business owners as needed.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience, or equivalent experience
- Public accounting experience, preferred
- Deep knowledge of GAAP
- Excellent MS Office skills, particularly Excel
- SAP and EPM/BPC experience, required
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and time management skills
- Solid research and analytical skills
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks
- Attention to details in a fast pace environment
- Requires excellent communication skills; Will interact with all levels of management