Senior Systems Engineer
Our client is an established OEM, providing equipment to telecom and utility companies for well over 30 years. They are developing an industry leading new product line that will be highly automated and controlled by smart phone. Versique is conducting a search to find an experienced controls engineer to lead this exciting project. Client company is located in Mankato, MN.
Senior Control Systems Engineer
Develop complete system to automate operation of equipment, to include system architecture, definition of hardware & software requirements, system design, oversight of software development, test and validation and market launch. The control systems will be integrating mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and electrical components utilizing wireless communication, cloud-based data management, process synchronization, and HMI development between the various pieces of equipment. In addition, continuous improvement of existing product, new product design, and research and implementation of new technologies.
- Management of company's electrical and software designs and architecture, including product refresh and updating or introducing new technology.
- Responsible for engineering and implementation of controls portion for new product launch
- Support of existing products or field issues related to control system.
- Manage software team – either contract or direct employees
- Research and implementation of rapidly evolving technologies.
- Manage documentation
· Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Electrical / Electronic / Controls Engineering
· 10 years of experience
· Ideally technical competence with most or ideally all the following:
o Wired and wireless communications including CAN, RF, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth
o Application software development
o Web interface development (HTML / Java Script)
o Control algorithms