Senior Vice President, Healthcare Operations
A Senior Executive opportunity to drive the operational performance of a growing and successful specialty private practice. Work and partner closely with the CEO & CMO to ensure quality patient experience while leading the organization's operations to identify efficiencies and initiatives for continued growth.
The Senior Vice President, Healthcare Operations is responsible for planning, organizing, and directing the overall clinical, ASC and business operations. This role is a member of the senior executive team participating in the development and implementation of the organization’s mission and reporting directly to the CEO for all business matters and Chief Medical Officer for all healthcare protocol and policy matters. This position will be based in the Twin Cities and is expected to travel to additional practice locations to execute the duties of the role.
NOTE: This position is for a Senior Level Healthcare Executive possessing all of the qualifications listed. Candidates with the requisite expertise and demonstrated practice management background and experience will be considered.
NOTE: LOCAL CANDIDATES (MINNEAPOLIS-ST. PAUL METRO) PREFERRED
1. Develops and monitors organizational planning including staffing, fiscal management, goals and objectives.
2. Assists the CEO in developing and implementing the business plan along with strategic initiatives for the organization.
3. Participates, oversees, interprets and recommends changes to all clinical and business operational policies and procedures.
4. Resolves problems related to staffing, utilization of facilities, equipment and supplies.
5. Participate in the development and execution of all marketing strategies to accelerate new patient volume growth.
6. Represents the organization and interacts with regulatory agencies, insurance carriers, and other professional and community groups.
7. Negotiates with managed care plans and ensures the organization's long-term financial stability.
8. Participates in the evolution and refinement of quality improvement processes.
9. Maintains compliance with governmental regulations and industry requirements.
10. Enhances operational effectiveness, emphasizing cost containment and high-quality, patient-centered care.
11. Participates in recruitment and retention of professional and nonprofessional staff.
12. Responsible for providing leadership, staff development and management of key services in accordance with policies and procedures and current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations.
13. Manage assigned staff including hiring, training and development, and coaching.
14. Completes performance evaluations and initiates personnel actions such as merit increases, promotions, transfers, disciplinary action, and terminations.
15. Conducts departmental meetings monthly (at a minimum) and bi-weekly (required) 1:1 meetings with assigned staff.
16. Performs other duties as assigned to support the mission, values, and strategies of the organization.
Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
1. Master’s Degree in healthcare, business or public administration.
2. Minimum five to ten years of healthcare private practice management experience at the senior-management level, including building, managing and growing a Specialty Healthcare Practice/ASC.
3. Knowledge of organizational policies and procedures to manage operations and ensure effective patient care. Ability to develop dashboards and KPI's to measure operational effectiveness.
4. Knowledge of the principles and practices of health care administration, fiscal management, human resource management, government regulations, compliance requirements and reimbursements. Requires strong financial acumen and revenue cycle management fluency.
5. Exercise a high degree of initiative, judgement and discretion.
6. Analyze situations accurately and taking effective action.
7. Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the medical and administrative staff, patients and public.
8. Excellent organizational and communication skills.
9. Ability to plan, organize, prioritizing work; delegating and achieving goals and objectives.
10. Ability to review and forecast overall planning of all areas supervised.
11. Ability to identify and resolve problems.
12. Excellent judgement and discretion in developing, interpreting, and implementing policies and procedures.
13. Experience and ability to work in and/or create a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
14. Proficient with computer/computer applications, including preparing financial data/reports.
15. Must be flexible and manage change easily with the ability to work positively within a continually changing and diverse environment.
16. Proven analytical, problem-solving, prioritization and task-execution abilities in a high-pressure environment.
17. Strong understanding of marketing principles and strategies to deliver a high volume of new patients from multiple channels including direct to consumer and referral streams.
18. Requires strong customer service orientation and commitment to delivering a safe, outstanding patient experience.
19. Possess a Temperament and Mind-set that is conducive to success in an entrepreneurial culture.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.