This is a senior executive management position and the person hired needs to possess the skills necessary to be a consideration for the President role in the future as succession planning comes more into focus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participate in strategic planning and setting the organization's vision for the future by working with bank officers and the Executive Management Team
- Assist other leaders in creating/improving the culture of accountability and support throughout the organization
- Lead the sales management efforts throughout the organization by working with the Executive Vice President and Executive Management Team to accomplish identified strategic sales goals and improvement of the bank's sales efforts/culture by implementing programs designed to improve staff performance and reward performance based upon identified goals
- Serve on the bank's Loan Committee and Funds Management Committee as well as other groups/committees as identified
- Responsible to grow and manage a commercial loan portfolio in addition to meeting agreed upon sales objectives for new loan growth
- Cultivate a positive bank image and visibility though active leadership and involvement in community organizations and activates
- Work with the Management Team and lead identified projects/initiatives aimed at enhancing revenue and improving efficiency to maximize performance
- Live in the bank's market area of West Metro (though not required, it is preferred)
- Embrace and promote the bank's mission, culture, and values with prospects, customers, and staff
- Other duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
- Results-oriented to meet identified strategic goals and objectives for the organization
- Strong people skills and Emotional Intelligence (EQ) to lead and motivate team members to their maximum potential
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with other team members
- Education and experience necessary to lead organization, has or be willing to pursue further bank-related education such as Graduate School of Banking
- See and embrace change as an opportunity
- Bank education and experience in Lending and Operations that allow oversight in all areas of banking
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.