Manage and develop a portfolio of commercial/commercial real estate relationships (revenues $25MM - $200MM) and ensure retention of total client assets and net growth in relationships, while complying with established Bank risk management and credit policy, business strategy and regulatory guidelines. The Relationship Manager will work closely with internal partners to facilitate the development of new business relationships as well as develop prospects through COIs and other proactive measures. The Relationship Manager will play a vital role in the growth and development of the commercial banking portfolio and market share.
Primary focus will be to profile and work collaboratively with internal partners to sell/cross-sell commercial products to our existing client base, as well as to prospects. The Relationship Manager will build deposits, loans, fee income and refer appropriate customers and prospects to all applicable cross-sell partners, including Commercial Deposit & Treasury Management, Capital Markets, Private Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Bank-at-work, etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for loan and deposit growth through client portfolio, centers of influence and other proactive measures to grow market share, as well as retain / grow existing portfolio. Client and prospect calling activity consists of telephone, person calling and working collaboratively with internal partners.
- The position is responsible for working collaboratively with internal partners to cross sell all bank products and services, especially non-borrowing services, including Commercial Deposit & Treasury Management, Capital Markets, Private Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Bank-at-work, etc. to our existing client base and to prospective customers.
- Ensure the portfolio administration and risk management of each client relationship is in compliance with established Bank credit policy, procedure and business strategy as well as commercial and regulatory guidelines.
- The Relationship Manager is to develop commercial banking relationships by profiling and analyzing financial data, along with the Portfolio Manager, to determine the merits of specific loan requests and recommend structure.
- Provide financial advice and counsel to clients and prospective clients regarding trends and conditions of the business environment and general banking trends though bank-approved sources.
- Make presentations on specific loans and participate in the Bank’s loan approval process, recommending approval and appropriate structure of credits, along with the Portfolio Manager.
- Participate in community and business functions/groups to ensure a positive image for the Bank. Establish referral contacts within the community. Serve on community, corporate or not-for-profit boards, as applicable.
- Identify needs and refer customers to partners within and across lines of business who can best meet those needs.
Required Skills and Experience:
- VP: 5-7+ years Commercial banking or business to business sales experience. Strong business development skills, strong credit skills, strong knowledge of non-borrowing products, past track records of sales and client management success.
- SVP: 7-10+ years Commercial banking or business to business sales experience. Strong business development skills, strong credit skills, strong knowledge of non-borrowing products, past track records of sales and client management success.
- Bachelor's Degree Business, Finance, Accounting or related discipline or equivalent related experience Required
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.#LI-WP1