Site Reliability Engineer
Our client is an information technology company that supports e-prescription, the electronic transmission of prescriptions between health care organizations and pharmacies, as well as general health information exchange (HIE) of medical records.
Why Work at Versique?Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by a group of industry veterans. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in the Twin Cities. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
- As part of SRE team take on responsibility for service availability and performance in Production environments.
- Trend Analysis: establishing monitoring to look for trends and set up solutions to identify issues with 10 years’ worth of data
- Define and configure transaction volume, traffic, performance, and error rate monitoring
- Including alert thresholds, capacity planning, and performance impact analysis
- Collaborate with Product and Software Development teams to define Service Level Agreements (SLAs), Objectives (SLOs), and Indicators (SLIs)
- Collect SLI metrics and establish monitoring based on SLO thresholds and other product requirements
- Bachelor degree in computer science, information sciences, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience writing complex queries for SQL and No SQL databases
- Oracle database experience
- Ability to conceptualize a distributed service, it’s dependencies and the transactional flow
- Data Analysis and/or statistical skills
- Experience with monitoring systems: Influx, Splunk, Zenoss, AppDynamics or similar
- Experience monitoring/supporting Kafka, IBM MQ
- Experience with Hadoop or Cassandra database architecture
- Demonstrated ability to triage processing bottlenecks
- Experience with Unix/Linux and Windows operating system administration
- Experience providing technical leadership and architectural guidance to Software Development teams
- Development skills in one or more programming languages: Python, Java, Go, Ruby, shell scripting or similar
- Software development, automation, or infrastructure as code experience
- CPU usage and memory monitoring