WHAT WE DO Our award-winning Enterprise Imaging software solutions allow physicians to quickly, efficiently, and accurately access data and provide critical care to patients across the healthcare organization. We do this by providing scalable and robust services that connect our clinical applications with many different hospital systems.
Our award-winning Enterprise Imaging software solutions allow physicians to quickly, efficiently, and accurately access data and provide critical care to patients across the healthcare organization. We do this by providing scalable and robust services that connect our clinical applications with many different hospital systems.
**We are wanting someone who is strong with hybrid cloud deployment and application Security as there will be a big focus on these areas, but it is not an Application Security Architect role; they will have a broad range of responsibilities across platforms.
The Software Architect acts as a technical expert to provide architectural leadership and guidance across several project teams, ensuring software follows good architectural principals and best practices. They work with Product Management and Software Engineers to understand and develop the technical roadmap and architectural design for platforms and applications, balancing short-term release goals and alignment with long term architecture/technology vision.
- Takes responsibility and provides leadership for high-level architecture development for one or more concurrent projects, including security, serviceability, performance, scalability, reliability, system infrastructure and deployment.
- Facilitates co-ordination between development teams where there are common dependencies or overlapping technical concerns, to minimize duplication of effort.
- Acts as a technical resource/specialist for colleagues with less experience in specific domains.
- Acts as a technical mentor to other staff by promoting good design, coding and working practices.
- Evaluates the viability of new technology product ideas as well as open source and 3rd party systems/tools for implementation/use.
- Provides expert input for product design, implementation, and troubleshooting.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of experience in Software Engineering or related field of business
- 5+ years of experience in Software Architecture
- 5+ years of experience in commercial software development
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Able to write and review code and go deep when troubleshooting
- Experience with Application Security and Hybrid Cloud deployments
Preferred (but not required):
- Experience with tools and technologies used by our software development teams, including JIRA, Confluence, Artifactory, etc. preferred
- Experience with Healthcare informatics domain knowledge including: DICOM, HL7, HIS, RIS, PACS, EMR, HIE preferred
- AppSec Certifications (e.g. CSSLP)
- Privacy Certifications (IAPP)
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
Our client offers a dynamic workplace, competitive compensation package, and room for learning and growth in our organization. This is an environment in which things move quickly and you’ll have the opportunity to wear many hats. We have a casual dress code, offer flexible work hours and actively foster work-life balance, because anything else simply isn’t sustainable. While we are mostly working remotely, our Minnetonka, MN office of roughly 170 people is located about 12 miles southwest of downtown Minneapolis. We are near several walking paths and restaurants that are a short drive away. We also have an on-site deli and Friday massages. We work hard and have fun doing it, and we love making a difference in the world. We look forward to receiving an application from you.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.