Software Development Engineer
Well Funded startup looking to build amazing culture and even more stunning applications. This is going to be big.
Well-funded startup is growing fast and seeking Software Developers. Our Software Developers will need to be well-rounded technologists, comfortable with modern development practices and the latest tools and techniques for building highly performance distributed applications. Together we will create and expand upon our sports entertainment experiences and websites.
- Collaborate with a cross functional team of developers and technologists creating our digital experiences (mobile apps, web apps, data, streaming)
- Convert stories and tasks into features in accordance with our agile SDLC
- Analyze and correct defects as required
- Take part in a small number of important meetings, e.g. standups, retrospectives, design meetings, etc.
- Create unit tests for our automation pipeline
- Participate in continuous improvement projects with the team
- Facilitate root cause analysis of issues and problems
- Deliver technical expertise as directed by leadership
- You have strong technology skills with a penchant for self-directed learning
- You are a solid communicator with the ability to verbalize concepts, provide feedback, and treat others respectfully
- You understand how data and code work together to provide customer value
- You're cool under pressure and can handle the pains of new implementations and tackling high priority integrations
- You value virtues like kindness, humility, respect, empathy, and loyalty above everything else
- BS in Computer Science, Math (or equivalent experience)
- 2-3 years of software development experience
- Experience using the public cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) – AWS highly preferred
- Understanding of modern application patterns, e.g. microservices, LAMP
- Understanding of both SQL and NoSQL technologies, e.g. MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB
- Understanding of modern DevOps practices, e.g. pipelines, containerization, automation
What's in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Unlimited PTO
- Opportunity to join a fast-growing, high-performing, venture-backed startup at an early-stage
- Flexible work schedules and ability to work remotely
- Commitment to a healthy workplace
- Information Technology: 3+ years (Preferred)