Software Engineering Manager
Due to hyper growth, we have a brand-new Software Engineering Manager opportunity! This person will lead a new team for this healthcare company and operate as hands-on contributor and leader, helping the organization to make positive changes in the industry.
We are looking for an experienced and effective Lead Software Engineer to support the application infrastructure as the organization grows!
Roles & Responsibilities
- Design, develop and deliver the applications that support our business objectives
- Provide technical guidance, and mentor other software engineers
- Help build an agile, high-energy team environment with a great engineering culture that has passion and purpose in line with company mission
- Problem solve and co-produce within a small and highly collaborative team
- Influence cloud and application architecture
- Enjoy and embrace change, take initiative
- Recommend solutions which take into consideration costs, business needs, and system impacts
- Contribute to process creation and refinement
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of solid programming experience and a passion for writing code. You are eager to learn more and enjoy providing and receiving critical feedback
- Ability to optimize team results through hands-on leadership, performance management, rewards and recognition, and coaching
- Comfortable writing client-side applications using a functional style with unidirectional data flow
- Strong background developing unit and integration tests
- Ability to perform well in the absence of strong documentation and processes
- Functional programming experience
- Knowledge of the health care or health insurance industry, start-ups
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.