Software Product Manager
Our global manufacturing client is looking to add a Software Product Manager to their team. Our client prides themselves on being at the forefront of innovation to help their customers become more efficient.
This role’s primary responsibilities include increasing the profitability of existing products and the development of new products to meet global market needs.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Manage the entire product line life-cycle beginning with strategic development and tactical activities to end-of-life planning and migration strategies
- Define and effectively communicate global pricing strategies for varies product lines
- Develop business strategies with the global sales team to successfully launch, sell and support the specific product line (includes visiting customers and sales subsidiaries to deliver product training)
- Identify target customer audiences within key markets and collaborate with sales accordingly
- Create and present business cases for new product developments based on market and profitability analysis, marketing position and customer requirements and value proposition
- Take ownership of the market introduction strategies for new product lines
- Conduct market and industry research to understand market trends, applications, competitive environment, influences, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering required, (ME, EE, IE, CSci) or equivalent highly preferred
- Experience in Encoders a plus
- 6+ years in product management, orientation toward industrial automation preferred
- Ability to travel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Active participation in industry associations