Our client, a leading Fortune 500 financial services organization, has strategic vision for growth, a dynamic environment, and an incredible team of talented individuals
Why Work at Versique?Versique’s IT Consulting team is led by a group of industry veterans. Our consultants have an average tenure of over 18-month with Versique. As a W2 or 1099 consultant for Versique, you will have the opportunity to work for the best companies in the Twin Cities. At Versique, we take care of our consultants and make sure you have a successful career, both in your current position, and in positions to come. We look forward to meeting you!
The Solutions Architect is responsible for conceptualizing and designing detailed solutions for specific projects enabling the organization to meet business objectives.
Provide technical leadership to ensure technical design and implementation are aligned with business requirements. Serve as the primary point of contact between the project team and the architecture delivery organization.
Ensure compliance of technology solutions with architectural standards and participation in the full development life cycle of the delivered capability.
Partner with business analysts, systems analysts and engineers in gathering and reviewing non-functional requirements.
Identify key business and technology drivers that impact architectures, including end-user requirements, existing software distribution capabilities, existing application environment (including legacy and packaged systems), and performance/availability requirements.
Collaborate with application and infrastructure teams to understand scope and requirements.
Conduct assessments of current business and technology architectures including: functional assessments, such as end user satisfaction and functional overlaps/gaps; and technical assessments, such as platforms, tool proliferation, age of underlying technologies; uptime/availability; and business processes.
Identify and document any risks, issues or critical success factors that may require immediate action. Translate project requirements into detailed designs consistent with current and future platform strategy and roadmap while influencing requirements and balancing needs for immediate action and the POA.
Design external system interface architecture that includes appropriate application of techniques and standards.
Maintain and promote use of appropriate design techniques and methodologies.
Actively participate in testing design and execution to validate coverage and perform causal analysis.
Create effective and efficient control patterns, conduct risk evaluations and enforce policies and standards to enable the enterprise to conduct business at an appropriate and known risk level.
Ensure capabilities are reviewed and compliant within defined risk levels while considering hardware/software currency, performance/availability, security and information/transaction integrity and drive the awareness of required improvements.
Communicate and manage governance parameters that take into account stakeholders' interests and processes with measurable results.
Research and maintain a deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and solutions to solve business problems.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field; or related work experience.
Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to effectively interact with all levels of technology and business partners.
Experience delivering concurrent, large information management projects at all phases-from project definition through design and delivery.
Financial Services industry specific knowledge that includes a working knowledge of industry standards and architectures.
Design systems to meet functional and non-functional requirements, consistent with long-term strategies.
A key responsibility is to ensure future flexibility for evolving business requirements.
Individuals in this role provide leadership and guidance on solution options and trade-offs, to business partners and development teams.
- Solid understanding and applied expertise in solution architecture designs and concepts, including: security, high availability, recovery, performance, monitoring and operations design, and application architecture.
- 3+ years software development experience; 5+ years system integration experience
- Proven experience designing and developing end-to-end solutions, spanning multiple systems.
- Working knowledge of AJAX, REST, SOAP, Databases, Linux, Windows, Web content management.
- A desire to explore new and emerging web and development technologies, synthesize recommendations, and influence key stakeholders
- Proven experience configuring, debugging, and deploying enterprise applications in complex environments
- Proven experience designing and delivering scalable and distributed web applications - Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate effectively with developers, stakeholders, peers, and leadership, driving results and action.
- Strong business acumen and the ability to identify key issues and their impact in a broad business context. Candidate must be able to translate technology into business terms and value. "