SQL Server Administrator / Developer
Our client is a rising organization that is focused on the design, development, and commercialization of a comprehensive portfolio of orthobiologics and spinal fixation systems.
Versiques client is seeking a talented and dedicated IT Manager that will support the company mission to market regenerative medicine products and medical devices. As an IT Manager you are responsible for overseeing, maintaining, and optimizing databases.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the public, customers, and vendors, and maintain trusting relationships with physician partners, and fellow employees.
- Lead the troubleshooting of any database performance or stability issues
- Identify sub-optimal database architecture, design, or operational practices and lead the execution of projects to address them
- Create monitoring standards and practices to ensure complete visibility of all database operations and supporting infrastructure
- Manage, optimize, augment, and create new SQL Server databases as required
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring of system health and performance, to ensure high levels of performance, availability, and security.
- Independently analyze, solve, and correct issues in real time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refine and automate regular processes, track issues, and document changes
- Provide other ad-hoc reports and projects as required by Director of FP&A and CFO.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Minimum 5 years managing or working as a DBA in similar environments.
- Excellent root cause and impact assessment skills
- Adept analytical skills with the ability to conduct methodical and well-reasoned analysis of performance issues
- SQL Server database engine on contemporary versions of SQL Server
- Demonstrable knowledge of how it operates along with strengths and weaknesses of the design/architecture and troubleshooting core database engine and configuration issues
- SQL Server monitoring/performance tools
- SQL Development ability to write, review and troubleshoot SQL Code and design (stored procedures, functions, tables, views, triggers, indexes, constraints)
- Ability to investigate and analyze information and to draw conclusions.
Benefits: Medical offers competitive wages, and comprehensive Medical, Vision, Dental, 401k, Life and AD&D, and Disability insurance packages