Our highly regarded, mission driven, results oriented non-profit client is looking for a Sr. Accountant. This is a unique role for the right individual because you will be involved with budgeting , forecasting, etc. in addition to various traditional accounting functions. Our client offers a strong compensation and exceptional benefits package.
The Senior Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting the daily management of our highly regarded, complex non-profit fiscal functions in accordance with GAAP and with financial management practices appropriate for non-profit organizations. The Senior Staff Accountant will help ensure the review, and the timely submission, of all monthly, quarterly and annual reports for both internal and external partners. This position will be engaged in data analysis including the review of the aggregate impact of transactions on the general ledger along with budgeting and forecasting.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Monitor and maintain balances in cash and investment accounts.
- Provide initial budget, interim progress, and final financial data to the Grants Manager, as requested by grantors, and other donors, to maintain grant compliance.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of the organization’s fiscal condition.
- Prepare and/or manage preparation of monthly journal entries to the general ledger.
- Generate monthly, quarterly and annual reports to contractual partners, and various government agencies, to maintain regulatory compliance.
- Ensure that balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly.
- Work constructively with other departments to meet internal reporting requirements.
- Review and post both Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable transactions in a timely manner.
- Develop reports—both financial and non-financial—to support management decision making needs.
- Create/implement data reporting systems for business operations (e.g. dashboards).
- Develop forecast models for financial and product outcomes
- Assist Controller in preparation of monthly interim financial reports within 10 business days of month-end close.
- Provide support to the accounting staff during periods of absence and/or increased workload.
- Yearly financial and benefit audit activities
- Annual budgeting process
- Assessing internal controls for possible improvement
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or equivalent (CPA is a benefit) and a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a general accounting role.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate.
- High level of attention to detail and exceptional customer service skills
- Demonstrated exceptional customer service skills to create a welcoming and inclusive environment where everyone is welcomed and valued.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Office 365 and the ability to learn other computer software programs.
- Capability with Navision and Jet Reporting skills are preferred.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.