The Senior Brand Manager role provides a significant opportunity for leadership and ownership as he/she will be responsible for proactively identifying growth opportunities for current brands as well as leading the development of innovation for assigned brands to deliver annual business targets (volume, net sales, profit).
Sr. Brand Manager is a consumer-focused marketer with an entrepreneurial spirit who is passionate about the CPG industry and wants to lead a Plan for Growth
OVERSEES: Associate Brand Manager
Internal: Customer and Division Marketing Team, Division and Regional Sales Directors, Analytics.
External: Designated agencies and wholesaler partners
Roles & Responsibilities
- Strategic Planning: Own and deliver the annual operating plans. Lead the development of brand(s) strategy, partnering with internal and external stakeholders including agencies to deliver breakthrough consumer initiatives and customer programs.
- Innovation: Develop continuous short and long term innovation pipeline for existing and new to world products. Manage concept to commercialization for all approved projects
- Insights: Continuously monitor, analyze, and report consumer, competitive, category, customer, and channel activities to uncover insights that lead to actionable opportunities for the business.
- Business Analysis: Responsible for the management and delivery of the brand(s) P&L. Work with Analytics and Finance teams to measure and analyze sales impact, wholesaler execution and the profitability/ROI of marketing expenditures.
- Communication: Maintain constant and concise communication with Field Sales and Operations as it relates to ongoing projects and programs. Develop communications for upper management pertaining to marketing updates, budget recaps, and program evaluations. Develop presentations for key internal and external meetings
- Stewardship: Be an ongoing ambassador for the company and its brands, and consistently support company values
Key Success Factors
- Results oriented and must have demonstrated creativity through prior work.
- Solid experience in strategy/brand development
- Experience leading the annual brand planning process
- Strong financial acumen and business analysis capabilities with an aptitude for turning data and information into actionable insights
- Project management experience and the ability to identify and champion new business and brand building ideas. Committed to continuous innovation.
- Highly developed communication and interpersonal skills across all functions within the organization. Ability to communicate and influence key internal and external stakeholders to action ideas, strategies, and plans
- People leadership experience with a demonstrated ability to manage/coach/develop others
- One Team mentality with a commitment to personifying Core Behaviors – “Be All In,” “Seek to Understand,” “Find a Way,” “Have a Bias for Action,” “Continuous Learning,” “Celebrate Success.”
Knowledge and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field; MBA preferred
- Between 8-12 years of marketing experience and 5-8 years of traditional brand management experience within the, CPG industry
- Budget and project management experience
- Product development and commercialization experience
- Strong writing, presentation, and verbal communication skills
- Experience managing agency partner relationships.
- Self-motivated with the ability, and initiative, to actively learn and adapt in a growing organization.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a fast paced, mid-size company environment; including multi-tasking, prioritizing multiple projects, and resource allocation
- Proficient computer skills including E-Mail, Spreadsheets, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to travel +/- 25%; attendance at evening and weekend work events, may be required.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.