Sr. Business Systems Analyst – SAP Purchasing and QM
Join a company undergoing a big transformation and upgrading to SAP HANA S4!
Identify, design and lead major business process re-engineering projects, and supporting information systems initiatives globally for specific business unit(s). Analyze user requirements, procedures, and processes to suggest ways to automate or improve new or existing systems, workflow, and interfaces. Research and propose innovative technical integration strategies and solutions. Study and document architectural frameworks and reference material. Design and modify components of new and existing IT systems and vendor offerings to promote integrated corporate business systems.
Role & Responsibilities
- Lead planning, design and implementation of business process changes within assigned areas of responsibility. Lead planning and participate in the design and implementation of business systems which support assigned business processes. Define project objectives, scope, ownership and resource requirements.
- Develop and maintain thorough understanding of existing business processes within assigned areas of responsibility, and the information and data they require and generate. Develop and maintain thorough understanding of the computer applications and systems required to make those business processes effective.
- Consult and contribute to projects at various steps: requirements, specifications writing / validation and testing. Design new solutions, configure systems, test new solutions; this includes supporting project teams to design solutions driven by the project.
- Articulate and translate business requirements to system solution at a conceptual level.
- Troubleshoot program and system malfunction to restore normal business functionality.
- Train staff and users to work with computer systems and programs. Create and maintain system documentation.
- Leverage extensive knowledge of industry practices, software solutions, and methodologies to make technical recommendations on complex problem resolution, coupled with an approach that utilizes secure, repeatable, efficient processes and best practices.
- Lead periodic review and assessment of current business processes versus the required functionality with management and system owners, and initiate proposals to modify or replace processes and or systems as necessary. Participate in periodic evaluation of the current computer applications portfolio versus the required functionality, and initiate proposals to modify or replace applications as necessary.
- Develop and maintain the "business case" supporting business process re-engineering initiatives, including cost/benefit, quality, cycle time, ROI and other metrics as appropriate. Develop methods and tools to support this effort.
- Develop requirements for the technical architecture and systems integrations supporting the business systems initiatives and ensure that these requirements are included in the corporate IT technical planning process.
- May lead execution of business system application development, procurement, and/or implementation activities within assigned areas of responsibility.
- Develop methods and tools for requirements definition, process modeling and design, systems design, data modeling, workflow, and project management. Maintain a high degree of competency in these methods and tools through training and hands-on application.
- Perform integration architecture and infrastructure design activities.
- Collaborates on the creation and maintenance of formal data structures, data description and data architecture; this can include data models, data definitions (logical, physical, and conceptual), data flow diagrams, data dictionaries, etc.
- Build data mappings to provide the means of system integration by considering security, compliance the target and the source system requirements
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems (MIS) or other relevant study (or equivalent experience)
- 8-10 years of experience in relevant business disciplines
- 3 years' SAP lifecycle experience
- Advanced functional-specific expertise on the projects with direct operational or previous systems/process experience.
- Provides direction and support to process owners.
- Has supported projects spanning 4 or more functional disciplines
- Has successfully led two or more projects of large scope and high complexity.
MP-QM functional and configuration experience including:
MP- Purchasing functional and configuration experience for:
- Procure to pay including MRP driven procurement for manufacturing
- Intra and Inter-company STOs
- Release (approval) strategies
- Output by print, email, and EDI
- Price determination
- Inspection plans
- Inspection processing
- GTS integration
- Logistics / delivery processing
- MRP / PP
- Experience with EDI / IDOC processing
- Distributed warehouses
- Third party orders
- MM certified preferred
- Experience with WM and IM
- ABAP Debugging
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.