The primary responsibility of the Senior Change Manager is creating and implementing change management/ leadership strategies and plans that maximize employee adoption and usage and minimize resistance. The Senior Change Manager works to drive faster adoption, on time implementation, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact employees. These improvements should increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
The Senior Change Manager does not have supervisory responsibility, rather they collaborate with and influence the organizations with which they are assigned
The Senior Change Manager acts as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The Senior Change Manager provides direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The Senior Change Manager supports project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Apply structured methodology and lead change management activities by creating change management strategies, processes and tools to support adoption of the changes required by a project or initiative.
- Support communication efforts through assisting in the design, development, delivery and management.
- Assess the change impact of the initiatives and projects by conducting impact analyses, assessing change readiness and identifying key stakeholders.
- Support training efforts by providing input, documenting requirements and supporting both the design and delivery of training programs.
- Create actionable deliverables using change management levers as applicable including communications plans, sponsor roadmaps, coaching plans, training plans and resistance management plans.
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Be a team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with large-scale organizational change efforts
- Change management certification or designation desired
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in organizational change management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration with emphasis in human resources and organizational behavior, organizational design and development or equivalent education.
- Master’s Degree in human resources or equivalent preferred
- Minimum of 5 years of training, team development and/or instructional development business experience
- 3-5 years of general business experience required
- 1-2 years Project Management experience or the equivalent required.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.