Global, market-leading business services provider of safety and specialty services in over 500 locations in approximately 20 countries. A winning culture driven by entrepreneurial business leaders delivers innovative solutions for their customers. As a family of companies working together, they have the parts to make any project whole. The mission is clear: We Build Great Leaders. We believe that everyone is a Leader and one of our core pillars of success is our distinct leadership development culture. We provide internally developed, cross-functional development programs across our businesses. Our culture of investing in leadership development at all levels of the organization has created an empowered, entrepreneurial atmosphere that facilitates organizational sharing of knowledge and best practices and enables the development of cross-brand solutions and innovation.
Our Human Resource team is growing, and we are seeking a Senior Compensation Consultant. The Compensation function contributes to the success of by developing and implementing strategies and programs that drive the performance of the business. This role is a key member of the Human Resources team and will partner with HR, finance, legal and leaders on a wide range of compensation topics and projects.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Partner with leadership on compensation program design, to include job architecture and levels, salary structure reviews and short-term and long-term incentive reviews
- Guiding the organization through key annual processes, to include annual incentive payout and merit processes
- Lead market competitiveness reviews
- Partner with legal on FLSA and other regulatory analysis
- Partner with finance on costing reviews and other financial impacts connected with incentive plans
- Create compensation reporting and dashboard analysis to allow for data based decision making
- Create compensation communication materials
- Lead all aspects of assigned projects, including building work plans, engaging internal partners, prioritizing and assigning tasks, identifying and mitigating risks, and bringing projects to successful completion
- Collaborate across HR, finance and legal on programs, initiatives, and issue resolution
- Development of communication materials and change management plans
- Point of contact with HR business partners on compensation related questions
- Keep up to date on external marketplace trends and provide this expertise to the business
- Identification of opportunities to strengthen competitiveness of programs through networking with external compensation professionals
Required Skills and Experience
- Experience in global compensation and wage/production compensation
- Experience working and influencing at all levels in an organization
- Bachelor's Degree
- Minimum of 7 years compensation, HR or finance experience
- Ability to manage multiple priorities at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Strong partnership skills in relationship building and presentation skills
- Experience with all major aspects of compensation delivery, and familiar with compensation design principles for job evaluations, base pay and short- and long-term incentives
- Strong data analysis and modeling skills
- Strong project and process management skills
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.