Sr. Director, Supply Chain Operations
A System Enterprise opportunity to lead a large Healthcare GPO, design and implement the strategic course for Supply Chain, improve organization outcomes, drive down cost, while hardwiring innovative improvement methodologies.
This position will oversee the leadership functions of Supply Chain operations including setting objectives, establishing and measuring key performance indicators, leading performance improvement and strategic initiatives, and establishing and monitoring data in the establishment of benchmarking comparable statistics to CHA organizations. Negotiates large spend operating and capital contracts and supplies, ensures a process is in place for strategic sourcing, value analysis and equipment refresh planning and develops a supplier diversity program with emphasis on increasing organization-wide spend on diverse suppliers. Collaborates and improves supply chain systems with Finance and Accounts Payable staff to ensure a robust procure-to-pay system is in place optimizing technology and processes improvement with the outcome of enhanced productivity and efficiency.
Directs and monitors $40 million in organization-wide supply chain. Creates collaboration and leveraging of the organization's GPO (group purchasing organization), inventory management, prime vendor spend assessment and analysis of all supplier negotiations and value analysis. This role will have oversight of all teams in the Supply Chain department, including Biomedical Engineering, Logistics, Purchasing, & Inventory and Value Analysis. This includes oversight of a departmental operations budget including significant union representation.
Areas of responsibility:
• Purchasing, Procurement, Contracting
• Group Purchasing Organization contract management, participation and product standardization
• Value Analysis Program - produce evaluation and selection
• Logistics and Transportation
• Inventory Management and Warehouse locations
• Materials Management Information Systems and Technology
• Supplier/Vendor Diversity Program
• Biomedical Engineering - Medical Equipment disposition
• Mail/Copy Center
This position will report directly to Vice President of Support Operations.
• Bachelor's Degree in a related field required.
• Master's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Hospital Administration, Healthcare Administration or a related field preferred.
• 6 + years experience in supply chain operations.
• 10+ years of management experience in a non-profit care delivery system setting (i.e. hospital) required.
• Strong management skills.
• Analytical and problem- solving skills.
• Ability to develop strategic and operating plans.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Prior work in acute care settings preferred.
• Basic computer skills preferred (spreadsheet, document creation).
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.