Sr. External Reporting Accountant
Our logistics client is looking for a Manager of External Reporting. You will provide leadership to a high growth, dynamic organization.
The Sr. External Reporting Accountant assists our client with the preparation of external financial statements and reports, month-end close, and special projects and analysis.
- Prepare high quality external financial reports, including footnotes and other supporting documentation for annual and periodic reporting requirements and financial presentations to Board of Directors and other external parties
- Provide detailed financial statement account analysis (e.g., balance sheet fluctuation) for management and external auditors.
- Participate in the preparation, reporting and analysis for technical accounting areas.
- Assist in researching the accounting implications of complex and/or new transactions to ensure compliance with GAAP and external reporting requirements. Assist in drafting technical white papers to present conclusions to management and external auditors.
- Ensures internal controls over the external reporting process is functioning properly.
- Assist in drafting the annual 401(k) benefit plan financial statements.
- Assist in research, development and implementation of corporate-wide accounting policies and procedures.
- Support annual valuation analyses (e.g. Goodwill Impairment analysis) and other periodic or ad hoc reporting requests as needed.
- Provide accurate and timely support to external auditors for external reporting requirements related to annual audit and quarterly reviews.
- Support on-going development, execution and improvement of external reporting processes and controls and act as a subject matter expert for external reporting processes.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Three or more years of relevant experience
- Solid understanding of U.S. generally accepted accounting principles, financial statements, and external reporting requirement
- Superior critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational and multitasking abilities, ensuring deadlines are met
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of individuals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- CPA preferred