Sr. External Reporting Accountant
Our dynamic, global, Fortune 500 clients is adding a Sr. Manager of External Reporting to it's leadership team. You will be groomed to take on more responsibility in an environment that believes their success is tied to hiring, developing and retaining the brightest and best professionals.
Our global, Fortune 500 client is hiring a Sr. External Reporting Reporting Accountant because of a promotion. This position will provide bench strength to the leadership team and reports to the Sr. Manager of Public Financial Reporting. The Sr. Accountant has preparation responsibilities over the company's public financial reporting process.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with public reporting including preparation and review of financial statements and footnotes for the quarterly 10-Q and annual report. Support the reporting process through preparation and consultation assistance on significant areas such as treasury transactions, related party research, and new accounting pronouncement disclosures.
- Research and provide technical accounting guidance in the identification and application of company Policy and Procedures, US GAAP, SEC, and other authoritative accounting guidance in support of our client's global finance organization.
- Support of supplemental schedule data compilation and corresponding reviews
- Support internal SOX documentation and testing of internal controls
- Support monthly close through recording journal entries and perform account reconciliations
- Accounting and financial statement preparation for the Foundation
- Complete special projects as assigned.
- The position works directly with the technical team, corporate accounting, international accounting, treasury, risk management, and the company’s external auditors.
Required Skills & Experiences:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 3 years of accounting experience in a public accounting role, or in an industry role that requires current knowledge of technical accounting and public reporting requirements
- CPA and/or Masters of Accountancy
- SEC reporting experience (10-Q, 10-K, Proxy, etc.)
- Experience with SAP, Hyperion Financial Management consolidation software and Excel retrieve preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite software (Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)