Sr. Financial Analyst
Our global, mission driven, Fortune 250 client is looking for a Sr. Financial Analyst due to a internal promotion. You’ll be joining a team committed to continuing to be a worldwide leader in their industry. They are looking for innovative, courageous thinkers interested in a meaningful career path.
Due to an internal move, our client has a need for a Senior Financial Analyst to provide financial planning & analysis support for businesses within one of their portfolio's ($4B in sales). You will be a trusted business partner and cross functional team member to provide forward looking financial analysis to enhance decision support to this business unit. This role is expected to bring key insights to the business to help drive long term growth and requires a candidate with strong FP&A skills who excels at communicating effectively with stakeholders in the business. A candidate must demonstrate a strong commitment to continuous process improvement and the ability to team cross-functionally.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Support business unit with insights to monthly, quarterly, and annual results
- Serve as primary contact to business leaders for financial forecasts, annual plans and monthly results
- Provide Sales, Admin and Marketing functions with effective metrics and reporting tools to ensure budget commitments are met
- Work effectively within FP&A team, including cross functional FP&A teams by partnering to ensure timely completion of forecasts, monthly outlooks and variance analysis and annual business plan processes
- Advance the use of BI tools for customer profitability metrics and ad-hoc analysis
- Process improvements to continually improve information accuracy including customer and product line profitability analysis
- Special projects as assigned including capital spend analysis, working capital improvement, etc.
Required Skills & Experience:
Bachelor’s degree required with either accounting or finance major; CMA, MBA or CPA certification desired
6-10 years of progressive finance/accounting experience
Prior experience with Hyperion Essbase Planning and BI tools preferred; Proficient with Excel, Word, and Power Point
Working knowledge & direct application of balance sheets, income statements and cash flow concepts
Forecasting, analysis, and budgeting experience required
Prior experience with financial modeling
Experience working with senior management
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.