Sr. Front-End Engineer
We’re looking for TWO Senior Front-End Engineers to join a small development team focused on creating experiences using exciting design and performance! This position can be fully remote if you choose!
As a Senior Front-End Engineer, you’ll be working on design-focused projects written primarily in React and Node.js. You’ll also work with JSON data from the APIs that power our platform (and sometimes in MongoDB). We pair Redux to manage that data in the apps themselves. Our apps all use custom styling instead of a CSS framework, so you’ll be writing styles by hand. We use a wide range of tools and technologies on other Engineering teams, and you’re welcome to dig into something new! We run our applications in AWS and use serverless technologies whenever possible.
The team meets a few times per week, but as an engineer you have lots of time dedicated to your work. We use Visual Studio Code as our editor, Github for source control, Slack for collaboration and Zoom for meetings of all types.
We encourage collaboration to help find the best solutions possible.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Design, build, and maintain editors that photographers and customers use
- Build accurate, skeuomorphic representations of physical photography products in the web browser.
- Work collaboratively with technical and business teams to provide the best possible experience for our clients.
- Mentor more junior engineers and work closely with the architect to build a maintainable codebase and team.
Projects you could work on:
- This is primarily a front end position; while there are opportunities for full stack work, most of the projects are primarily browser-based.
- Building React-based editors for photography products such as holiday cards, various sizes of prints, photo albums, or even 3D image cubes.
- Debugging and maintaining customer-facing tools for professional photographers as well as consumers.
- Reviewing code written by yourself and other team members with an eye for heading off insidious bugs with comprehensive automated testing.
- Designing and building the next generation of componentized, web-based photography design and editing tools.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Several years of experience and strong skills in React with tools such as Redux and Storybook.
- Rendering, interaction, and animation techniques using SVG, Canvas, and/or WebGL.
- Experience with optimized code to ensure performant and smooth interactions.
- Eye for detail and excitement about collaborating with great UI designers.
- Have interest in the fields of image manipulation, photography, print, math, and geometry.
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.