Sr HR Generalist
Our logistics industry client is looking for a Senior HR Generalist to join their team for a 4+ month contract engagement. Our client is committed to getting essential goods to where they need to be on time. It is even more important to transport goods such as food and health supplies during the pandemic when the need is critical. They believe in teamwork and that when effective teamwork happens it helps provide amazing service for customers. If you are a Senior HR Generalist, this may be a good next role for you!
Our logistics industry client is looking for a Senior HR Generalist to join their team for a 4+ month contract engagement. This Senior HR Generalist will be responsible for running the day-to-day HR function that may include recruiting, on-boarding, handling employee relations issues, performance management, leave of absences, benefit inquires and more. This Senior HR Generalist should have experience supporting a decentralized and hourly workforce.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Performs recruiting activities including sourcing, screening, interviewing, and extending offers of employment
- Partners with management and staffing function to effectively plan for staffing needs, conduct interviews, support, and provide input to all recruiting activities
- Partner with management to help develop, implement, and provide input regarding compensation planning and administration of compensation programs
- Provides direction and guidance for performance management and development processes, in line with strategic and operating goals.
- Investigates employee relations issues, complaints, and conflicts. Will provide appropriate documentation, follow-up, and employee guidance. Makes recommendations for resolution to supervisors and individuals
- Ensures policies, procedures, and reporting comply with legal requirements and government reporting regulations
- Assist in the development and implementation and will administer employee policies and procedures
- Coordinates FMLA, Short-Term Disability, and other leaves of absence for effective administration
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 5+ years applicable HR Generalist experience
- Ability to build effective working relationships with a broad range of styles at all levels in the organization
- Must be innovative, agile and a strong change agent who seeks opportunities for improvement
- Strong organizational/follow-up skills and ability to prioritize and drive multiple and diverse tasks to closure
- Results orientation and a focus on meeting deadlines
- Excellent analytical, trouble-shooting and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including written and oral
Versique Job Code: #38439