Sr HR Generalist
This client in the West Metro is looking for a Sr HR Generalist who is business minded and customer service oriented. This role with focus on benefits, compensation, recruiting, employee relations and all other HR related tasks.Reporting directly into the CEO, this role has the potential to become an HR Manager in a year or two.
Implementation, execution, and continuous improvement! Partners with managers, supervisors, and team members to investigate and resolve employee relations issues. Manages and oversees the company’s wellness programs and initiatives. Helps to maintain a confidential and organized environment where employees can raise issues and be given feedback in a timely manner. Special Projects and other duties as assigned and based on business necessity.
Employee Relations & Disciplinary Process
- Serve as a resource for questions on the following: company policy, company culture, business performance, upcoming programs or initiatives, any other information deemed beneficial for employees.
- Assists in investigations of employee relations issues and concerns, and coordinates process of responding to complaints.
- Prepares documentation of verbal/written warnings and performance improvement plans, employee counseling and/or corrective action.
- Maintains and upholds the utmost standard of integrity and confidentiality.
- Coordinates employee health and wellness, recognition, special events and other employee-related programs.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Management and implementation of an all employee survey.
- Manages mid-year and end of year review administration.
- Assists with hiring and on-boarding including seasonal support.
- Presentations and training sessions.
- Leverages BRL team in terms of FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA for employee needs.
- Audits BRL to ensure all company, state and federal reporting requirements are met and maintained (i.e. state new hire reporting, EEO, I-9 completion, company confidentiality statements, etc.).
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Refers any employment and wage verifications to BRL according to company policy.
Recruitment & Orientation
- Assists in position-opening advertisements (ads, employee memos, flyers) for use internally and/or externally
- Assists in screening (calls/resumes/applications), evaluate, and present pre-qualified candidates to hiring managers.
- Assists BRL in presenting new employee Benefit presentations for all new hires and assists with Orientation and on-boarding process.
- Leads the management of all Workers’ Compensation issues.
- Maintain and publish OSHA’s Form 300 7 300a Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses.
- Ensure first report of injury is completed and filed with worker’s compensation carrier.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor's degree (B.A.)
Language and Communication Skills
Excellent verbal and written skills are required as well as good public relations, public speaking, instructional/teaching, and customer service skills. Ability to read, interpret, understand and explain documents such as company policies and benefits. Ability to provide responsible interpretations of local/state/federal employment law (i.e., OSHA, FMLA regulations, etc.)
A strong proficiency in Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Publisher and Visio are required. Knowledge of HRIS system is preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
PHR certification preferred.