Sr. HR Generalist
This client in the West Metro is looking for a Sr HR Generalist who is business minded and customer service oriented. This role will focus on supporting a sales organization as well as benefits, compensation, recruiting, employee relations and all other HR related tasks.
Implementation, execution and continuous improvement of Pella Windows & Doors policies and programs. Partners with managers, supervisors, and team members to investigate and resolve employee relations issues. Manages and oversees Pella’s wellness programs and initiatives. Helps to maintain a confidential and organized environment where employees can raise issues and be given feedback in a timely manner. Facilitates the sourcing and identification of the best and brightest talent to give us a competitive advantage. Special Projects and other duties as assigned and based on business necessity.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Employee Relations & Disciplinary Process
- Serve as a resource for questions on the following: company policy, company culture, business performance, upcoming programs or initiatives, any other information deemed beneficial for employees.
- Assists in investigations of employee relations issues and concerns, and coordinates process of responding to complaints. Escalates when necessary to HR Manager.
- Prepares documentation of verbal/written warnings and performance improvement plans, employee counseling and/or corrective action.
- Maintains and upholds the utmost standard of integrity and confidentiality.
- Coordinates employee health and wellness, recognition, special events and other employee-related programs.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- Management and implementation of an all employee survey.
- Manages mid-year and end of year review administration.
- Assists with hiring and on-boarding including seasonal support.
- Presentations and training sessions.
- Leverages BRL team in terms of FMLA, ADA, COBRA, FLSA for employee needs.
- Audits BRL to ensure all company, state and federal reporting requirements are met and maintained (i.e. state new hire reporting, EEO, I-9 completion, company confidentiality statements, etc.).
- Ensures legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations; maintaining records; representing the organization at hearings.
- Refers any employment and wage verifications to BRL according to company policy.
Recruitment & Orientation
- Creates position-opening advertisements (ads, employee memos, flyers) for use internally and/or externally
- Screening all positions (calls/resumes/applications), evaluate, and present pre-qualified candidates to hiring managers.
- Leads cultural onboarding and BRL in presenting new employee Benefit presentations for all new hires and assists with Orientation and on-boarding process.
- Leads the management of all Workers’ Compensation issues.
- Maintain and publish OSHA’s Form 300 7 300a Log of Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses.
- Ensure first report of injury is completed and filed with worker’s compensation carrier.
Safety & Emergency Preparedness
- Coordinates safety meetings, safety walks, safety postings on bulletin boards and AWAIR training.
- Coordinates and schedules Annual Tornado Drill and Fire Drill.
- Conducts accident investigations and proposes solutions.
- Promotes and facilitates continuous improvement activities in the department.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university and one to two years of experience; or three to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must be current in practices of employment law, benefits and compensation, OSHA record keeping, etc.
- Must be highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Visio).
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in it’s pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.