Our global Fortune 200 client has an exciting opportunity in their Internal Audit group. We are looking for a Senior IT Auditor to lead the IT risk-based audit initiatives that align with business strategies and objectives of our client, as well as provide direction and support for IT solutions that enhance mission-critical business processes. In this role you will partner with various internal and external stakeholders including their external audit firm, Internal Controls, IT Security, Information Security Office, and IT leadership to assess risks associated with design, and operating effectiveness of internal controls. You must have excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and possess the ability to develop strong partnerships with cross functional teams.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Required Skills & Experience:
- Plan, develop and execute complex IT risk-based audits in accordance with Internal Audit’s methodology and report audit results to all levels of management.
- Identify and document IT and business process risks by participating in formal walkthroughs with process owners.
- Perform annual Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) testing and report deficiencies to Internal Controls, Information Security Office and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage audit expectations regarding deliverables and timing. Deliver service in a timely manner with minimal disruption. Ensure audit results are focused, clear, accurate, and well presented.
- Assist IT Audit Manager with managing consulting resources and co-source arrangements including project delivery and contractor performance.
- Work with our clients external audit firm to improve design and operating effectiveness of IT controls. Leverage relationship with external audit to improve testing approach and reliance on internal management testing results.
- Evaluate operating systems, networks, and database security and configuration.
- Approach the assessment of system controls with professional skepticism and create an environment and culture that promotes open and direct communication in pursuit of the right control design.
- Collaborate with management to develop effective remediation strategies for identified deficiencies.
- Plan, assign, and supervise the daily activity and work of audit staff to ensure completion of planned audits. Ensure quality assurance objectives and achievement of IIA standards within IT audits.
- Bachelor’s degree Information Technology, Accounting, Finance, or related business degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT Audit, IT, or Information Security Risk Management. with a preference for Big 4 public accounting experience
- Certification in one or more of the following; CISA, CISSP, CIA, CPA.
- Previous experience with developing risk-based audit plans, testing IT General Computer Controls and SOX 404 requirements, and assessing, identifying, and reporting internal control risks
- Experience with IT Governance, IT Security, application, networking, and database audits
- Distributed environments (Windows, UNIX, OS400), relational database platforms (SQL) experience, web applications, network administration, and network security.
- SAP, Oracle, or other ERP system development, implementation, and configuration.
- Risk and control concepts related to social media, Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity, vendor management, cloud computing, IoT, and mobile applications.
- Preferred experience working in an Internal Audit department with a large multi-national company
- Preferred experience with Statement on Standards for Attestation Engagements (SSAE)16 audits and developing and evaluating Service Organization Control? (SOC) reports.
- Preferred understanding of COBIT and COSO frameworks.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Versique is one of the largest recruiting firms in the Midwest and specializes in both consulting and permanent placement. With a valuable blend of functional, industry and recruiting experience, our award-winning team of headhunters has a proven track record of delivering exceptional talent acquisition solutions. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.