Sr. Manager External Reporting
Newly created position to partner with CFO and CAO in preparing a culture focused company in becoming public ready.
As the Sr. Manager of SEC Reporting your key responsibility is the production of consolidated financial reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q (10K/Q) which are submitted to the SEC on a quarterly basis. Other responsibilities include reviewing new and proposed U.S. GAAP and SEC standards and managing the implementation of significant new accounting guidance while maintaining a strong control environment.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Prepare and review of 10-Qs and the 10-K, including financial statements, quarterly earnings release and earnings call deck, accompanying footnotes, Management’s Discussion and Analysis and other supplemental information. Analyze financial trends and lead the process to translate data into robust qualitative commentary in SEC filings.
- Ensure relevant business, competitor, and accounting requirement updates are considered.
- Oversee operational and technical accounting for Stock-based Compensation, Benefits, Treasury and Risk Management
- Work closely with business teams to evaluate new transactions and ensure timely and accurate accounting.
- Prepare packages for executive management, audit committee, and board of directors
- Maintain a strong internal control environment, including ensuring that disclosures meet GAAP requirements and that new accounting and reporting standards are incorporated into filings accurately and compliantly.
- Coordinate external audit and review process
- Perform and document technical accounting research
- Responsible for training, development, and performance reviews for a staff of Financial Reporting and Accounting Policy Accountants
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting
- Big Four Public Accounting experience required
- 8+ years of combined Public Accounting and experience in an SEC reporting leadership role
- Strong technical accounting skills
- CPA is highly preferred
- Strong digital acumen as it relates financial reporting technologies and process automation
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong client service perspective
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Excellent decision-making and analytical skills