The Senior Manager, is primarily responsible for working closely with the finance organization and business to ensure internal controls and SOX-related activities for the Company are appropriately developed, maintained and improved and reflect the risk assessments that were completed. This person will also ensure change initiatives have proper, well documented internal controls, and will work closely with the External Audit Partner and the business to ensure documentation meets appropriate standards.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and direct the Global SOX compliance for all business units in North and South America as well the global IT organization.
- Work closely with the business to ensure internal controls and SOX-related documentation is appropriately developed, maintained, improved and communicated, and aligns with policies. Also lead and oversee the change management process for such documentation including maintaining the primary liaison relationship with our clients External Audit partner.
- Coordinate with others in Internal Audit to identify and assess risk exposures for all areas of the business, which includes liaising with the various risk compliance functions.
- Coordinates with management and control owners to maintain and update all internal controls and related documentation (i.e. narratives and flowcharts).
- Ensure management initiates control changes (i.e. additions/deletions/modifications) and oversees the change management process.
- Works closely with business to ensure all proposed changes to controls are submitted to corporation management for approval.
- Provide technical interpretation and write responses to control deficiencies including evaluating and rating the deficiencies (i.e. D, SD, MW) by working with management and other members of Internal Audit to draft responses and action plans to address audit issues.
- Ensures the timely and thorough completion of the quarterly QSA questionnaire, including follow-up on issues, concerns, etc. and works with others in Internal Audit on preparing the quarterly ICFR memo.
- Facilitates and coordinates (i.e. liaison) SOX testing and related activities with other members of the Internal Audit team.
- Evaluation of errors and misstatements
- Direct the work plans and co-manage Senior Auditors both in North and South America.
- Provide guidance and leadership in complex internal control and SOX initiatives.
- Develop and coach employees in order to retain and expand organizational talent through focused attention and effort.
- Provide timely and constructive feedback on a regular basis to ensure employees have a clear understanding of their work, roles and the business.
- Manage performance issues when necessary. Work closely with other Senior Managers in Internal Audit to coordinate workflow.
- Critical partner and provider of service to all finance.
- Provide technical accounting interpretation and analysis to IA staff and business partners in areas related to internal controls and SOX.
- Support and maintain critical accounting and finance policies and procedures.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance Or business with emphasis in Accounting or Finance required
- 8+ years of professional accounting, finance, or business processes experience required
- CPA preferred
- Public Accounting experience is preferred.
- Excellent understanding of internal controls, SOX and internal audit required
- Understanding of GAAP and technical accounting issues required
- Experience leading initiatives and projects with cross functional teams in a highly complex, fast-paced environment required
- Strong business acumen required
- Experience with SAP in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Experience leading a disbursed team of professionals in a matrix organization a plus
- Candidate must be proficient in a Microsoft Windows environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Visio)
- Candidates with experience in SharePoint/Open Text document management tools are preferred
- SAP/Maximo experience is a plus
- Excellent verbal, written and listening communication skills required
- Excellent presentation and facilitation skills required
- Strong leadership and relationship-building capabilities, including the ability to lead/influence those not directly reporting to this role
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills required
- Ability to effectively work and create effective partnerships with employees at all levels within the organization required
- Ability to adapt to a continually changing business and work environment and manage multiple priorities required
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Demonstrated critical thinking and decision making skills required
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills required
- Highly motivated and self-directed required
- Ability to provide oversight from across multiple initiatives or projects from inception to conclusion required
- Ability to travel up to 20% of time required