As Senior HR Manager you will serve as a key strategic partner to business leaders in Engineering and R&D and a valuable resource for HR team members. This leader will use their HR knowledge and capability along with business information to help leaders build and maintain the teams they need to achieve their specific strategic and operational goals. Through various HR support such as organization planning, goal setting, data analytics, on-boarding, performance management, and on-going support to business leaders, you will directly contribute to building and sustaining strong teams that consistently achieve their business goals. You will be supporting a growing team and as such change management and leadership coaching experience are essential skills required in this role.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Earns trust and establishes effective partnerships with business leaders as a though partner and consultant on team and talent related needs and challenges; collaborates with leaders on the identification and execution of talent priorities
- Coordinates Human Resources transactions such as promotions, transfers, performance reviews, compensation planning, terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting
- Drives effective recruiting and selection of new hires by supporting leaders and ensuring internal partners are well-trained and follow consistent, equitable and effective recruitment and selection processes
- Trains and supports leaders in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance review, compensation planning, safety, sexual harassment and other key people leadership competencies
- Provides support, recommendations and coaching regarding resolution of employee relations issues
- Leverages budget, pay, performance, hiring and attrition, D&I and other data to identify positive and negative trends and outcomes and seek solutions to continuously improve. Establishes routine reporting of key metrics for leaders and partners with other leader to address concerns
- Consistently demonstrates behaviors aligned with DAA values; establishes processes to hold leaders and employees accountable for upholding the values and provided one on one coaching as necessary
- Oversees performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization and in alignment with external market data as necessary
- Maintains Affirmative Action Plan and ensures compliance with OFCCP regulations
- Conducts exit interviews and analyzes attrition data to determine reasons behind attrition and partners with business leaders to implement solutions to reduce turnover
- Mentors other HR team members to support HR talent pipeline development
- Supports on-going improvement in HR Department, by leading policy improvement, process improvement and policy/process standardization projects
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are in compliance
- Accepts temporary Level of Authority (LOA) for HR Director when HR Director is on vacation, traveling or temporarily unable to perform duties
Required Skills and Experience:
- Serves as primary point of contact for business leaders and HR team members for HR questions, programs, and practices; establishes effective relationships across the greater HR Team to maintain an understanding of HR programs, policies and perspectives and to drive collaboration and timely response to inquiries
- Supports engagement survey process and follow up by business leaders as well as key practices impacting engagement such as new employee on-boarding to facilitate a positive working environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resource Management or related field
- Minimum of 5-7 years’ experience.
Versique is a high-performance recruiting firm based in Minneapolis, MN specializing in interim solutions, direct hire, and executive leadership search. We believe people are the ultimate business advantage. Our experienced functional recruiting teams work within a variety of areas of expertise (HR, Finance & Accounting, Demand Generation, IT, and Engineering) and broad industries (Healthcare, Banking, Consumer Packaged Goods, Manufacturing, Private Equity, and Family-Owned). Voted as a “Star Tribune Best Places to Work” three years in a row by our employees, Versique is one of the largest and fastest growing staffing and recruiting firms in the Midwest. The Versique brand represents a powerful combination of “versatile” and “unique” as it hints at the concept of “search” in its pronunciation: ver-seek.
Versique is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status, among other factors.